Poorly cat, does anything sound familiar?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
DollyB
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Poorly cat, does anything sound familiar?

Post by DollyB »

Hi, just wondered if this sounds familiar to anyone.
Zeke is poorly, just over 2 weeks ago I noticed his third eyelid was up quite a lot so off to the vets we go. He had a temperature just of over 103.2 and the vet noticed some watery poo on the thermometer (he 'goes' outside so I didn't know). He was given an antibiotic injection and an appointment for 7 days time. We were told to keep him in, he was reluctant to use the litter tray but did eventually and laid a huge log ☺ and continued to have good poo. At 2nd vet appointment his temperature was up to 104.3!!
We came away with some metacam and an appointment for 4 days. Over those 4 days he has both good and soft poo. At 3rd visit (Monday) his temperature was down to 103.4 but still high so the vet did a 12 panel blood test which came back clear except for a slightly low white cell count which the vet is putting down to a virus, she gave him Antirobe for a week and an appointment for 6 days time. Since then poor Zeke has been dropping little balls of poo (they are well formed) but in the litter tray he is very loose. I rang the vet expecting them to say it was probably all the meds but no they wanted to see him. His temperature is back up to 104.2 and we've come away with some panacur paste in case he has 'gribblies' in his guts and some canicur probiotic (its for dogs but she said it was fine). We go back on Sunday.

Does this ring any bells? Generally he is weeing fine and eating like a horse, if it wasn't for his eyelids, and now his bottom trouble you wouldn't think he was poorly.

Just to add Zeke is 3yrs old snipped, chipped and jabbed. We have 2 others cats who are both OK.

Thanks for reading.