scary behaviour !

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
sassy french
New Cat Chatter

scary behaviour !

Post by sassy french »

HELP !!!! My cat went to the vets with cystitis , the vet checked hm over and found that he needed 2 teeth removed , he went in for the operation on Monday and came home the same day........BUT he is now like a ferral cat , He has NEVER acted like this before , I can't stop crying ......please help ! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hopsandpurrs
New Cat Chatter

Re: scary behaviour !

Post by Hopsandpurrs »

He's frightened. He was left in a strange place with strange people and had an anaethestic and then woke up feeling woozy and later his mouth felt funy and painful. He doesn’t understand what happened that made him feel strange and in pain. Is he eating, drinking and toiletting normally? Were you given a course of antibiotics for him?
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

What sort of pain relief was he given post op and has he taken it??

When my boy had all but two teeth removed he had pain relief for a week afterwards. I gave it to him even though he seemed ok
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

How terribly upsetting for you! So he went in on Monday, came back on Monday and has been acting up since? What has he been doing over the three days - what sort of behaviour are you talking about - is he aggressive, spitting and shying away from you? Is he scared and hiding? What has your vet said about this? Are you able to get him into his carrier for a check-up? Is he eating and drinking and using a litter tray? Does he go outside and if so is he behaving normally? Is he an only cat or do you have a cat family and how are they with each other?

Sorry about the list of questions, but I think we need a little more filling in, although the most immediate thoughts are that he's in pain of some kind - maybe a nerve pain.

Thinking of you.