Young cat moving slowly, reluctant to jump

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Young cat moving slowly, reluctant to jump

Post by randall »

Hi,

There is a small wild cat who lives in my garden whom I have been feeding. Last night he disappeared without any supper. Today, he is back in the garden and eating full meals and drinking, but moving very slowly. It looks to me like he is reluctant to bend and twist so he can groom himself after meals. He is not limping, nor is he bleeding anywhere.

There are a lot of high stone walls in my garden (I live on a steep hill), plus trees, plus dogs who like to chase cats, and I am wondering if this cat might have jumped or fallen quite a ways and given himself a sprain or a body shock.

It has taken more than 5 months for this cat to allow me to touch or pet him (and only when other cats are nearby). He did let me pet him today quite a bit without flinching, but trying to catch this cat and put him in a carrier for a vet check up would be impossible.

Any thoughts? I know it is not fair to go around asking for reassurance, but I am hoping somebody will tell me stories about young cats they knew who displayed signs like this who bounced back after a bit of rest. I really don't see any visible signs that he is "sick", but he is plainly measuring his steps. Normally this cat's favorite place to sit and lay about is my window sill, and he is not jumping up there. Instead, he is semi-hiding in the tall grass.

:?:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Young cat moving slowly, reluctant to jump

Post by Lilith »

It could be some sort of sprain (I've seen this in a kitten who tried mountaineering up a ceiling-high bookcase) but in my experience there'd be limping and swelling of a limb. It's good you've managed to pet him and there's been no sign of pain. He could have been in a fight and have an abscess brewing; this often causes listlessness and quietness and could account for his unusual movement.

Personally I'd want to get him to a vet - but I see your difficulty. I did have success tempting two adult feral toms into a cat carrier with a bit of tuna though. (Not at the same time I should add lol!) If there's some titbit he loves, could this be an option? Other than that, the CP etc will often loan a trap.

Hopefully it's nothing - but they can be quite heroic in discomfort. Could it be an idea to leave the cat carrier in the garden for today and overnight, with the door wedged open, so that he gets used to the sight of it, and then ring your vet tomorrow on spec, so to speak, and ask if you can bring the cat over IF you manage to get hold of him if he's still not right - and then, when Cat turns up, put a bit of his favourite goodie into the carrier and hopefully whip the door to behind him, poor chap!

Good luck with him - other people on here will have more ideas too :)
elastu
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by elastu »

Cats are very good at hiding pain etc. I think you should ASAP contact your local Cats Protection or nearest rescue and ask to borrow a trap. At the same time perhaps you could discuss with them the possibility of neutering/spaying if needed and also to flea and worm whilst while under anaesthetic.
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

Hi,

Thanks for your kind replies. I would love to get him to a vet -- for lots of reasons, including neutering! -- and putting the cat carrier outside is a good idea. But we are in a village in Italy, and the other options (like a cat rescue service) are not in the offing on a Sunday night.

I have been watching him closely and I don't see any signs that I would associate with internal injury or abcess. He is very alert and clear eyed, and has a full appetite. When I pet him, I've gotten in some squeezes to his shoulders and hips, and he's fine with that.

But typically he is a bouncy cat who will hop up on the landing at the first whiff of food. Now, he walks over to the landing and rather deliberately hoists himself up. A little less than an hour ago, he was snoozing in the grass with another cat when it started to rain lightly. The other cat hopped up and skedaddled for cover, but he tried to tough it out, and only reluctantly got up and followed.

It's almost like I can see him thinking: "How can I keep my movements to a minimum?"

I'm most hoping the dogs don't wander by to harass him. He doesn't look in the mood to run. One of my concerns about forcing him into a carrier and taking him from the mountains to the vet is not only the stress to a semi-wild cat who hates even coming indoors and seeing a door shut behind him, but the idea that if he has a muscle injury, it is likely to make it worse.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Ah sorry Randall - I forgot you live in Italy. I'd still try to tempt him into the carrier though - even if the trip to the vet's is a false alarm, you could get the little guy neutered.

I understand your worry re his struggling, if he has a muscular injury, but if you can just get him into that carrier...even the tail isn't threatened as they whisk that away as they turn round lol.

All the very best with him, please keep updating. :)
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

Thanks again. The little gray cat ate plenty of food but then went off to his special hiding place for the night, which is down the hill a bit, in the tall grass. No chance I can get to him until tomorrow morning, and if he doesn't come up for food, I will go to the vet, even if I can't get the little gray cat to come with me. I did that when the young orange cat who also sits in my garden was obviously sick and the vet gave me antibiotics which cured him very nicely. So at least I will talk to the vet if things seem to be getting worse tomorrow, especially if he is lethargic or won't eat.

When last seen, he was still showing signs of not wanting to jump up to places he normally would in a flash, and he was moving slowly -- although when swiped at by the orange cat over the food bowl, the little grey cat did hustle away quickly, so he can react. I also noticed that when he was grooming himself, he energetically licked his front paws to wash his face, but when he started to lift his right hand leg, apparently wanting to scratch his right ear, he stopped midway, then tried again, then stopped midway again and gave up. After that I looked to see if I could detect any swelling in that leg -- nope. And when I squeezed that hip joint, no problem. Cat just reacted as if it was normal petting.

I also watched the cat stand up and do a typical cat stretch, rear end up in air. When I was petting him, I did notice his upraised tail did a lot of quivering while he was being petted.

I have my fingers crossed he pulled a muscle somewhere and that -- plus the combo of it being a bit chillier than our typical summer sun -- has made him stiff. And that's all.

I let you know how he is in the morning. Thanks again!
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

Okay! Paczski, the little grey cat, turned up late for breakfast this morning, but moving much more easily. He not only made the short jump onto the landing where the food bowls are, but he (eventually) jumped up onto the window sill, where he is sitting now, grooming himself, contorting every which way.

I think something is still making him wary of fast moves and high jumps. He looked up at that window sill 3 times before taking the leap. And coming up the garden steps (there are several dozen), he was still careful and deliberate about it, rather than being a scampering young cat, his usual gait.

But he is totally bright eyed and alert, a bit vocal (yesterday he was pretty silent), didn't flinch from petting, and ate an entire small can of cat food plus a small bowl of dry food. In fact, he appears to wish I would quit staring at him.

So I am going to quit hovering for now. I did put the open cat carrier out in a semi-protected place under a table where he could see it and might be attracted to it. This morning I woke up to find it in the middle of the garden -- it might have blown out there (it's soft-sided) or the dogs might have dragged it around the lawn for laughs.

Paczski is increasingly so interested in being petted for longer stretches that I am getting encouraged that I can actually nab him at some point. I'll also see what kind of really stinky fish he prefers, and see if I can lure him to eating inside a carrier. Same with the little orange boy, Tang. There are way too many stray cats in these hills, and I don't want Paczski and Tang responsible for creating more.
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

Revised opinion, one hour later:

I noticed the cat had jumped off the window sill, so I went outside to see how he was doing. He was headed for the gardent, but when he saw me come outside, he came back to see if there was more food -- and then didn't want to negotiate even the simplest steps back up to the landing. He walked over to where the terrace slopes down so he woudn't need to take any steps up. But he's not limping or favoring any of his legs.

When he got close enough to me, I felt him all over as best I could, and still no flinching. I watched him again, and my provisional diagnosis is that he pulled a muscle somewhere in his groin. It does seem to me his back legs are moving stiffly when he walks, but no swelling that I can see.

Does any one have any ideas about other possibilities? A very sudden weakness/insecurity in the hindquarters? He simply doesn't want to move upwards, especially anything higher than his head that requires him to use his back legs for a launch.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Randall, how well do you get on with your vet? Would they give you some form of pain relief such as Metacam that you could put into the cats food.

ideally, personally, I think he somehow or the other should get to a vet. The reason I say this is that one of mine a few years back was very quiet and didn't want to jump etc and a quick visit to the vet confirmed that she most likely has been knocked by a car and had strained various muscles in her back / leg region.

The other option of course is - do you have any idea how old this cat is - could it actually be older than you think and the onset of arthritis?
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

Thanks for your concern. I do get on with the vet quite well, and she is happy to give me remedies without actually seeing the cat. I will walk over to her office later today to discuss this.

Right now the cat is resting in the garden. Normally the cat's favorite garden spot is quite a bit down the hill, but this time he has settled for not going too far.

I don't know how old the cat is. Since the local weather has now turned chilly, and this cat only turned up in late May, when it was warm, it is possible that I am seeing signs of arthritis. But because the cat was -- until 2 days ago -- frisky and an uninhibited jumper, I would be surprised if this was suddenly signs of older age. I am fortunate to live in an area where there are no motor vehicles at all. Just a lot of staircases -- which are no fun for a cat who is either feeling arthritic or might have jumped too far when I wasn't looking.
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

Hi again! For those interested, here is the latest report on the little grey cat -- maybe I should call these The Paczski Papers :ugeek:

Cold and windy last night/this morning, and no sight of Paczski, until he jumped up onto my window sill mid-morning, clear eyed and hungry. Good sign. I went outside to feed him, and he wolfed down an entire small can of wet food & half a bowl of dry food. Another good sign.

I got distracted, and by the time I went outside again, Paczski had vanished. I was sorry I had not seen him walking, and thus was unable to make an assessment of his mobility.

The vet gave me a prescription for ONSOIR (robenacoxib), which had to be ordered at the pharmacy, but I was able to pick it up this afternoon. Just as I got home with it, Paczski came trotting down the hill -- not running (which he sometimes does) but moving with a bit more spring in his step. Good sign. Before giving him any medicine, I wanted to read up on ONSOIR (which I'd never heard of). So I simply gave him another can of wet cat food and half a bowl of dry food, all of which he heartily ate. He hung around for lots of petting, but eventually walked back up the hill to where he apparently knows a place where he feels safe and (I hope) warm.

Couple of questions:

Does anyone have any opinions of ONSOIR? It is approved for cats, and widely used in Italy.

Since Paczski doesn't appear to be in dire pain, and since I cannot monitor him 24/7 for adverse reactions, I am inclined to hold off giving him any medication in these circumstances. Does anyone disagree?

My second question is about "enhancing" Paczksi's safe space for warmth. I have tried to get Paczski interested in sleeping in a nice cat igloo, or a snug quilt cathouse, and a litter box bed filled with soft packing material and fuzzy blankets, and he just returns to the hiding place he knows and likes. I now have a pretty good idea of where that is -- inside an idle small Bobcat tractor or under it -- and I have been thinking of taking some warm material and putting near that hiding place. But I am wondering if Paczski will feel his "safe" place has been discovered, and thus no longer safe, and then he will need to find someplace else, maybe not as warm.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Hi Randall, I was wondering how Paczski was doing - he sounds much improved and yes, I'd feel as you do, that the meds are there as backup, just in case. But of course I haven't seen him and I don't know anything about the Onsoir, so this is just conjecture on my part. There'll be other people on here who'll have more experience than me.

About his shelter, cats are very wise in these things - the tractor may be fine for now, but when it gets a lot colder he'll be wanting something more weatherproof. I reckon if you build him a shelter and just leave it for him to get used to, he'll check it out and mark it down for winter quarters. Or he'll ask to come into the house, as they do :lol:

All the very best with him :)
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

This article contains some very reassuring about Onsior. Would be interested if anyone has comments or contradictions/

http://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/H ... l-Species/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

Thanks Lillith! We were typing at the same time.

Thanks for the tips about the waterproofing. Fortunately, where I live, it very, very rarely freezes, but it does pour rain. I am inclined to buy Paczski a cat igloo (the orange cat has moved into the first one I bought, and is quite happy with it for rain and wind protection, and the dogs can't get at him.

As for coming in the house, Paczski will sometimes come in for food or curiosity-- but once, when I shut the door after he'd entered, Paczski went into a terrible panic, crying low howls and running in frantic circles. He tried to jump through the closed window, and left claw marks in the window frame.

I wish he would come in, but not sure he is ready.
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

Today's good report on Paczski:

He's almost 100 percent back to normal. When I opened my window this morning, he scampered over. Scampering is good. I noticed that he even though he now hops up onto the landing where the food bowls are, he's still being gingerly about it. But I am not giving him any pain medds. I can't help but feel that some of the biggest change is due to the fact that the sun is shining brilliantly and the wind has died down. Being warm seems to give him much more visible ease of movement.

I spent some time online today looking at mylar blankets, styrofoam boxes and solar swimming pool covers, and other ways to create for Paczski a very warm spot to be as the colder weather starts arriving. I have a good Italian friend here who has a soft spot for strays, and he might help me order things online.

I feel like I have learned a few things from this concern about Paczski: The most important is how hard it is to get help for strays where I am located. If there is a problem with my house cat, Miuccia, I just scoop her up and take her to the nearest open vet office, even if it means taxi and train rides (both of which she hates).

But these garden cats are not about to be caught and put into carriers. In addition to it being hard on them if they need help, it's hard on me feeling so helpless about helping them! I'm not sorry I took on the project of caring for them, because I'm not sure how they could have survived otherwise, but it is easier to get attached to a house cat!

Something else I think I learned is that whatever has been bothering Paczski, it has made him much more interested in becoming a charming "pet". Maybe the stroking helps alleviate some discomfort he's having, or maybe he just feels more dependent and in need, but he has definitely turned into a cat looking for cuddles -- not at all the same cat who just a few months ago would growl at me if I came within 5 feet, and mainly just watch me from the other side of the garden, hoping I would leave food and go away. His transformation into a domestic kitty is progressing so rapidly, I am now wondering if he was somebody's pet at one point. Has anyone ever gotten a true feral to turn into a docile, clingy cat?
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

That all sounds quite positive.

Randall, in all honesty you don't have to spend too much money on making a shelter. Not sure how rural or citi you are, but how easy can you get your hands on some hay. That's much better insulation for when it gets cold and won't soak through they way most bedding / blankets do.

As for feral turning softie - stranger things are known to have happened. I would suspect that your boy may have known human company at one point so may well in the next few months decide that he actually quite likes you / your company and is happy to move in

Best of luck and keep these updates coming

Oh, and no idea re Onsior.... will do some googling as well :D
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

Randall, this is quite an interesting article:
http://consciouscat.net/2011/05/23/new- ... -cautions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it's dated 2011 though

and not sure you saw this:
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AnimalVete ... 304417.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

what I find interesting is that your vet gave your tablets to give to a semi feral - is Paczski greedy enough to not notice if you'd put it in his food / a treat?

And as a complete by the by question - I assume Paczski is an unneutered male (hence your knowing he's a boy? ;) ). Just wondering if his soreness could have actually been caused by a fight / bite wound?
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

Thanks for all the responses and the links!

I really don't think Paczski suffered a bite or fight injury, even though is is an unneutered male and I have seen him get chased by other cats and dogs, and occasioanlly have spats (but he's a runner). The reason I am disinclined to believe he had that kind of injury is that he was so easy-going about my poking and prodding and squeezing him in places where I thought he might have been bitten or clawed. No reaction from him, other than pleasure. And, I looked and saw no signs of blood, or him licking anywhere. Also, he is so clear-eyed and his appetite is robust, I am thinking he'd be showing signs of being sick -- rather than just being gingerly about jumping -- if he had a wound.

As for eating up medicine, I didn't discuss it with my vet, but I have an excellent pill pulverizer, and I am usually able to get any cat to wolf down a favorite food with the medicine mixed in.

No chance of getting hay here. No motor transport on my side of the hill to my house. I have a paper shredder, and a shredded up lots of paper and put it in old pillow cases. Didn't have any appeal to the cats. Would it be warm anyway? It was just my idea for duplicating hay. There a plenty of weeds around here and high grass that the Paczski already likes to sit in. Should I just cut some, dry it, and use it for hay?

I am looking for ways to get a styrofoam chest or something cheap to make Paczski a waterproof house -- but in the end, it might be simpler if I walk up the hill to the bus stop and go to the pet store 30 minutes away and get another plastic igloo or whatever they are selling and bring it back. They are very lightweight to carry.

For the old cat igloo that the orange stray -- Tang -- has now made his home, I put an old padded computer case on the floor of the igloo because I noticed my house cat always prefers to sit on my computer cases. Tang likes to do this too. I have another old computer case, and I might try that on the floor of Paczski's new house. But I'd love to find some warmer material that the cats would like. Is it crazy to think of slipping hot water bottles into the computer cases? :roll:
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Bless you for your concern for him.

As to hot water bottles ....... not as crazy as you might think ...... ;)

I have an outdoor pen that I use for temporary foster cats, mostly ex-strays. It does have a little heater in the sheltered part, but on very cold nights I always give them a microwaved heat pad that keeps its heat for a good 10-12 hours - they love them! Not sure if you can get them where you are, but this is what I have:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SnuggleSafe-Mic ... B0014LJKUA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

Definitely don't use hay for bedding (sorry to disagree Meriad). Best to use straw because hay does hold moisture and not very good insulation whereas straw repels moisture. There's some info here:

http://www.alleycat.org/straw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and more info on making a cat house here:

http://www.catchat.org/lost.html#found" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You should be able to get straw, if you wanted to use that, from a pet store (that's where I get mine), garden centres or various other places.
Crewella wrote:Bless you for your concern for him.

As to hot water bottles ....... not as crazy as you might think ...... ;)

I have an outdoor pen that I use for temporary foster cats, mostly ex-strays. It does have a little heater in the sheltered part, but on very cold nights I always give them a microwaved heat pad that keeps its heat for a good 10-12 hours - they love them! Not sure if you can get them where you are, but this is what I have:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SnuggleSafe-Mic ... B0014LJKUA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have the same heatpad Crewella for my ferals and my own cats have seemed to find it comforting e.g. when they've been ill :)
Last edited by Janey on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I don't have a microwave, or any kind of oven (except the outdoor pizza oven!) but I do have hot water.

I'll look to see if the pet store has straw or if a garden center does. Things are often really different in rural Italy. My main problem is getting bulky stuff here, but at least straw is lighter to carry than cat litter. :( Would be nice though to figure out a substitute that I have around the house or can get very easily.

This morning (which is cold) finds Paczcki up and about, now sitting on the window sill with Tang, after a huge breakfast. So I'm much less worried about whatever was bothering him.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

What about polystyrene beads in a bean bag?

But to answer your question - if you have long grass then yes you could cut that down and dry it and use that as a base. You may need to monitor it and replenish as and when but that should be fine
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

Hey, I think I found some hay! And if not hay, something similar.

There is a pet store a couple of towns over that is part of a huge chain. I looked at their products on line, and the chain sells this for rabbits. Think one of these would be good for Paczski and Tang?

http://www.arcaplanet.it/piccoli-animal ... fieno.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I realize it is actually rabbit food, but do you think it would be okay to use a few bags as bedding?

As for polystyrene beads, somewhere around here I have a one of those semi-donut neck pillows for airplane travel. I think it might have little beads in it. It has a kind of velvety material on it. Do you think that would get moldy if I left it inside a cat igloo?

If the neck pillow wouldn't work, could I get the polystyrene beads in a place like MailBoxes Etc? What would I put them in?

This is the cat igloo that I bought previously that Tang now sleeps in:

http://www.arcaplanet.it/telcom-cuccia- ... ccola.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Every other outdoor shelter they sell is for dogs, and I am worried the opening is too big -- and the dogs might get in!

http://www.arcaplanet.it/cane/cucce-e-l ... terno.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I understand everyone is telling me not to spend a lot of money, but it is not always easy in a small village to get stuff. I can look in the fishing store for styrofoam fisherman's chests, but I don't think they will be all that much cheaper. I don't want to ask the butcher or the fish store for a used styrofoam packing box, because I think it might smell and attract other animals.

I am really intrigued by the idea of buying a solar-heat absorbing cover to use in combination with the shelter or igloo. I could cut this in pieces and share it with the landlord of my office who also helps stays. We live in a part of Italy where most winter days are sunny, and I think this would make the cats very happy.

http://www.piscineitalia.it/solar-sun-rings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got the idea from reading this very old thread on a cat care forum online.

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/71926/mylar-blankets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Debbie Peterson of the Chicagoland Stray Cat Coalition uses solar pool covers/blankets to keep her ferals warm during winter. Solar pool covers are used to attract and retain heat from the sun, to keep water in swimming pools warm. Debbie saw them as a way to upgrade her feral cat houses to solar energy! On a 10°F night the temperature inside could easily reach 70°F! Torn but usable solar pool covers can be found curbside on suburban garbage pick-up days. Purchased new, prices vary based on construction and thickness. A 15 mil premium-grade 12' round blanket costs $32. Cut them with standard household scissors. Drape one over your feral cat house silver-side down, and the purring will start. Aim for full exposure to the south. Check the temperature until you know how much heat is generated; it may become too warm inside on milder days! Consider setting up a solar feeding station a distance from the sleeping area
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

randall wrote:Hey, I think I found some hay! And if not hay, something similar.
I don't know what the rabbit bedding is but as I said previously I definitely wouldn't use hay, if you look online there is lots of info advising against it, please use straw:

http://www.neighborhoodcats.org/article/HOME/126" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

good luck, sounds like you're tryng to do your best for the little one.
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

Too bad about hay. Getting straw might be tough.

Anybody think dry pasta might work? I can get plenty of that. :mrgreen:
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

have you tried sourcing vet bedding? it's used pretty much around the world these days, and is mould resistant, has good insulating properties and importantly can be washed and reused
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

No. First, I'll try to figure out what they call it in Italian.

I did just discover I can buy a bale of straw online, and have it delivered.

http://www.agribioshop.it/fertilizzanti ... amica.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, that looks like a heck of a lot of straw! :?

It did make me remember though that, for Christmas, the village puts up Christmas displays of life-sized home-made mannequins, dressed to look like the local tradespeople. They might be stuffed with straw. And maybe the craft stores have straw for nativity scenes.
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

Kay wrote:have you tried sourcing vet bedding? it's used pretty much around the world these days, and is mould resistant, has good insulating properties and importantly can be washed and reused
Kay,

Is this the product you mean? VetBed?

http://www.amazon.it/Tappeto-originale- ... B00PB5T4LK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

that's the stuff - here is the UK Amazon site http://www.amazon.co.uk/VETFLEECE-NON-S ... ds=vet+bed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - as you can see, it gets a lot of thumbs up from buyers
randall
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by randall »

Great! The chain store just a couple of towns away, where I would also buy another cat igloo, carries the product. Even if they don't have it in the store, they could probably order it for me, or I could just order it myself online.

http://www.arcaplanet.it/vetbed-tappeto ... -paws.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So I hope that solves the problem -- except for getting the cat to sit in the igloo instead of the Bobcat tractor. Paczski probably thinks he looks tough in there. :evil: