Bad liver, very high liver enzymes/liver disease

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Bad liver, very high liver enzymes/liver disease

Post by lilynmitz »

Hi Anna, I'm sorry to hear Binky hasn't been able to rally. For what it's worth, I would have made the same decision as you. The chemo would have left her feeling really rotten for what little time it bought her, and at this stage I'd say it's about quality of life, not quantity. But if the steroids are working well and she starts eating and putting a little weight back on, you could review the oral surgery with your vet. But then, judging by what your vet has said, her other medical conditions may mean surgery isn't viable, or even worth putting her through, if it makes little difference to the outcome. It's a tough time for you, but enjoy these precious moments. I've nursed many a cat at this stage of their lives, and in an odd way, it's a very special time to share.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Bad liver, very high liver enzymes/liver disease

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Lilymitz gives wise advice and I know she has been in this situation which I have not yet had to face. Something did occur to me this morning though - MarkB's girl had been fading recently and she has benefitted from B12 shots. That may be something your vet could advise about?