Molly hates the change in weather!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Mollysmummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Molly hates the change in weather!

Post by Mollysmummy »

Our girl Molly is having a rough time adjusting to the change in weather. This is the first summer-autumn change we've had her and she's just not herself.

She would usually go out first thing, come back for breakfast, go out again, come back and settle mid morning for the day. But for the last week or 2 she's not so keen on going out especially in the rain, and is having trouble settling. She's wandering around crying before she settles. I'm sure she will get used to her new routine but does anyone have any tips for helping her adjust? She just seems a bit stressed!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Molly hates the change in weather!

Post by Crewella »

Mine go through a phase like this at the end of warm summer days as well - if he asks to go out and it's raining when I open the door, Merrick growls at me like it's my fault! Mine are all chasing other round the house every evening at the moment, but they do eventually settle into a new 'cold weather' routine.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Same here. There is only Bob who is happy to be out in bad weather. When he comes in wet, he comes looking for me to towel him dry, such a mummy's boy. :D

When the weather changes they all make a bee line for the sofa or our bed.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Ah, it hasn't been much of a change here in darkest Yorkshire, with the Wakefield Mistral howling all summer and mammoths sighted in the park (bit of poetic licence there but you get my drift...)

But usually as autumn comes on, I too see reproachful faces eyeing the closed back door.

'Lil. Would you PLEASE turn the Summer back on? Now!'

bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Lilith wrote:Ah, it hasn't been much of a change here in darkest Yorkshire, with the Wakefield Mistral howling all summer and mammoths sighted in the park (bit of poetic licence there but you get my drift. :lol: :lol:

And here was me thinking it was only NI that did not get a summer this year! They don't call it the Wild West for nothing!!!

bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

What happened there?

The sooner I get the LapTop fixed, the better. :roll: This iPad has a mind of it's own. I am terrified I am going to tap the wrong thing and end up buying a hat stand or bringing down a satellite. :? :shock:
Mollysmummy
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Mollysmummy »

I think we've had quite a good summer in Leicestershire, certainly it's mostly been dry.
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by mr_frisky »

We still haven't had a frost here in Surrey yet. The Aloe Veras are still outside, as are all the other tenders. The cats don't like the rain though, and sit on the bay window under the bay roof in the hope it will stop.