My cat's ears look different

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
cbs7lb
New Cat Chatter

My cat's ears look different

Post by cbs7lb »

My cat is carrying his ears different to normal but there is nothing else the matter with him. He's eating, purring, pooing. He doesn't seem to have any pain and certainly no visible damage. But he definitely looks different and I'm not sure what could be the matter! He's a black moggie with large ears that usually sit perky straight on his head. Now they'Re a bit flatter. It might sound a bit crazy but it's very disconcerting as he looks strange but I'm not sure if anything is wrong. Any advice appreciated! Thank you
elastu
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Re: My cat's ears look different

Post by elastu »

If the little one belonged to me, I would certainly at the very least ring my vet and ask if they were concerned enough for them to see the little one. Cats are very good at hiding problems and pain sometimes until it is too late. Also we lay people cannot see right into the ear canal where there could be a problem. Please let us know how you get on.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

That does sound strange - I've never heard of anything like that, but I do agree that any change like that is worth looking in to.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Did you call or go to a vet? I'm willing to bet it's ear mites that need treatment