Need advice

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Galyna Chekan
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Need advice

Post by Galyna Chekan »

Need help....
I have an adorable cat Santos (Maine Coon). He is 4 year old. For all his life he lived in a house in small city with great garden. But 2 months ago we have moved to another city and me and my husband rent an apartment in a huge house on the 4th floor.

For us it is OK, but not for our lovely cat((((( He is having hurt time right now, cos no garden and no friends.

Guys, would you recommend me some tips to help my little boy??? :cry:
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Need advice

Post by lilynmitz »

HI, your poor lad has a lot to adjust to, and will be missing his garden, so you need to make his indoor home environment as stimulating as possible. I've got two young cats who don't have free outdoor access yet (long story), so we have to find ways to let them burn off energy and keep entertained so they don't wreck the house!

Give him places to climb, eg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scratching-Heig ... 292&sr=1-5

Make places where he can play and climb and watch the world go by.

Also lots of toys that he can play with on his own (it might take you a while to work out what he likes, but get some good high strength catnip mice, and my lot love soft foam rubber balls). When you're with him, make plenty of time to play with him. Da Bird is very good, also laser pens, and throw toys, so he gets plenty of energetic exercise.

I also put an extra water bowl out for them, and sometimes an extra food bowl, away from their normal feeding mat, just to give them a chance to seek and find.

This is a start. Maybe others will come along with more tips for you. Thanks for caring about your boy's welfare. You''ll have as much entertainment as him keeping him happy and occupied!
Galyna Chekan
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Galyna Chekan »

Thank you for advice)
I have been thinking about new toys for my cat and maybe about one more cat-friend.
I am going definitely to buy a new staff on Black Friday Night! I have found an awesome and cozy towers too)

More expensive, but for Main coons!
Also, i will use this recommendation: "to put an extra water bowl out for them, and sometimes an extra food bowl, away from their normal feeding mat, just to give them a chance to seek and find."
Looking forward to see the result.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by alanc »

From one Maine Coon owner to another, welcome and fusses to your big lad. A few things I have found over the years to be useful:
Crinkle tunnel (both long and short).
Furry mouse with pull string tail that vibrates across the floor after releasing the tail (it has long since lost its label and I can't remember what it was called). Very useful for sending down the tunnel.
Heavy duty climbing frame.
Large supply of furry mice to throw up (or down) stairs.
House with lots of hiding places to play hide and seek.
Galyna Chekan
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Galyna Chekan »

tnx)))) :D