rehomed ferel cat

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
jimbob
New Cat Chatter

rehomed ferel cat

Post by jimbob »

hi to all,can anyone help as i at the end of my tether on help for this now semi-demosticated cat. she is "i think?"female and is a year or two old ish which needed help and put the trust in myself.problem is she is now litter trained but yet keeps pooing and urinating on myclothes and around house even though there is access to go out 24/7? she feeds here yet will deforcate and urinate then go out?mostly in the tray provided.i am an ex dog owner thus never had"or helped"cat.... i feel she is takeing the micheal now and im at my ends wit although i love and enjoy her around my home..any ideas?
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: rehomed ferel cat

Post by MarySkater »

I'm no expert, and I haven't faced this problem, but it sounds to me as if your cat is marking your house as her territory. Can you handle her? I know it can be difficult, with feral cats. If you could take her (or him, if that's the case) to a vet and get her neutered, that might cut down on this behaviour, and will certainly save you from having litters of kittens turning up in your home. But I'm not sure about surgery after-care, if she's wild. Talk to a vet, describe how much you can handle her, and see what he says. Alternatively, get her an outdoors "cat house" and make her live in the garden. But if your cat is a female, and is not neutered, you will get stuck with kittens. Maybe your local cat sanctuary could help. Many of them have a programme for neutering feral cats.

Well done for helping a cat in need. I hope you can find a solution to your problem, because clearly no one wants to live with a cat that's dirty in the house.

Mary