Sneezing

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Christinajan
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Sneezing

Post by Christinajan »

Hi
My cat has just recently started sneezing but only when he washes and then 2 or 3 times in a row. Any ideas?
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Sneezing

Post by bobbys girl »

Hi Christinajan,

that is a puzzle. I wish I had an answer and I wish someone out there can help you, because Willow has started doing the same thing.

It is just half a dozen, dainty little 'tsew, tsew's. She looks quite surprised by it all and has a frantic wash after, like her nose is itching. Is that like what your cat is doing?

There is nothing else going on is there, no high temperature or anything?
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Mine always seem to go through a phase of sneezing in autumn, when things get damp and spores are in the air, but as long as they are otherwise healthy I just keep an eye on them. I wish I had a better answer!
Christinajan
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Christinajan »

Thanks Boobysgirl. He is doing kinda the same thing but doesn't look surprised by it, but after the sneezing he does just carry on and he has no other symptoms that I can see, so yes, thanks Crewella, it maybe just as you say about spores but this is the first time he has ever done it in the 7 years that I've had him....maybe it's an age thing as well? He is approx 11 years old?
andybriz
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by andybriz »

One of mine started sneezing in the middle of the night a couple weeks ago, about 10/15 in a row, he's never sneezed before ever and it woke us up and we were panicking a bit as it was almost like he couldn't breathe but he settled back to sleep afterwards and that was that. No idea what caused it, maybe a creepy crawly or he breathed in a chunk of dust!
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

This was a few years ago, but I remember one of my cats had rather "snuffly"-sounding breathing for a while, then she sneezed quite hard, and alarmed me by spraying blood from her nose. The bleeding stopped quite soon, and I can only assume that she had something irritating stuck in her nose, and split a little blood vessel when she finally got rid of it.