Loss of appetite and sickness

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
sunnyme_123
Frequent Cat Chatter

Loss of appetite and sickness

Post by sunnyme_123 »

Hi there,
I have a problem with one of my little ones, and I was wondering if anyone has had experience of something similar?

My little cat Twiggy, 8 years old, has recently started having some 'off' days. She won't eat anything, and sicks up flem a couple of times during the day. She's just as lively and happy in every other way, playing and purring and acting as my shadow as normal. She'll usually eat a little bit of something by the time I go to bed, and the next day she'll be fine and eating as normal. Then a day or two later it will happen again.

She eats Felix and occasional dried food (although she doesn't have any teeth!) and I'm wondering if it's too rich for her perhaps?
She has the option to go out in the garden, but rarely takes it unless the sun is shining, sensible girl!

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated :-)
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Loss of appetite and sickness

Post by alanc »

Pancreatitis sounds a possibility, in which case get her to your vet asp.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I agree that it's worth a trip to the vets to get her checked out, cats do have the odd 'off day' but if this is happening regularly it needs looking into. If there is anything amiss, it's best to catch it early. Good luck. :)
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

Definitely get her to a vet. Repeated "off days" are a strong indicator of something that needs investigation. The soonest casght, the soonest mended. It may be something minor, or it could be more serious. I've known really very sick cats still having moments of purring etc, so don't rely on that as her being ok. Let us know how you get on.
sunnyme_123
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by sunnyme_123 »

I'm happy to report that Twiggy is fit as a fiddle!
She is now on a Royal Canin diet for sensitive stomachs and is very obviously happy, content and full! She adores the new food, I just hope she doesn't get bored with it any time soon as there is only one flavour. It's very expensive, but worth every penny :D
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so glad she's OK! :)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Really good news! :D
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Great :D
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by alanc »

That's great news. Glad to hear Twiggy likes the Royal Canin Gastro food. I had to feed Tilly on it last week and she wasn't that keen on it!