theo is upset

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

theo is upset

Post by nanny pamy »

I put flea treatment on theo (stronghold) and he's now sulking. I hate doing it to him, I only do it every 6months now because he's an indoor cat. He goes all strange, walking really low with his belly near touching the floor, be won't come near us and his pupils are very dilated. He's ok the next day but it really upsets him. :roll:
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: theo is upset

Post by Mrs Kane »

If he only knew the trouble you were sparing him from! :lol: He wouldn't be so affronted then!
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by papa cat »

If he is an indoor cat why do you need to treat him for fleas ?
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nanny pamy »

papa cat ive had conflicting advice about this. My vet says he still needs it doing but every couple of months is ok. Someone else told me he doesn't need it doing and I googled *do indoor cats get flees* and it says yes. Someone else told me even if he doesn't get flees he can still get worms or ear mites if I don't treat him. I asked the vet this and he said *frontline* prevents this happening. So I decided to just do it once every 6 months. But any info/advice is always appreciated
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

Indoor cats can and do get fleas. I can only assume eggs or larvae can be brought into the house on shoes etc. Basic Frontline only works on fleas. frontline Combi does other things too. I'm not sure about indoorcats getting earmites.

There is a 6-monthly injection cats can have for fleas https://www.vetsecure.com/natomasamc.com/articles/299

I tried the paste version once, but it was a complete fail as the cats refused to eat the food with t mixed in
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nanny pamy »

Thanks mark. Yes I've though of the 6 monthly injection. May ask about that when I take him for his claw trim