New kitten

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Sng43
New Cat Chatter

New kitten

Post by Sng43 »

Hi. After losing my 2 babies 18 & 20 months ago we are finally ready to have a new little one and after looking for a while we have found a kitten we have fell in love with & are having a home check Thursday with a view to getting her.
I have a few questions as its been 15yrs since I've had a kitten.
What's the best flea treatment to use? ( we used Frontline on our last 2 & never had a problem )
What's the best worm treatment when needed?
What advice can you give me?
Thanks
Lisa
Ruth
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 8

Re: New kitten

Post by Ruth »

Getting a kitten after such a long time will be a shock to the system ( in a good way).
Kittens upto the age of 6 months need worming monthly, something like kitten milpro is what I recommend.
Flea treatment can be every other month until kitty starts to go outside.
I find kitten stronghold which you get from your vet is probably the best and when they hit 2.4kg they can go onto adult stronghold. If you do use stronghold you will only need to worm a cat over 6 months twice a year.
Have you considered getting 2 kittens?
They love the company of a playmate and, especially if you go out to work, it gives them social stimulation. A lot of the animal charities won't home a single kitten for this reason.
Good luck :D