Cat not keeping food down past 24 hours. Had vaccine 1 week ago

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
CrowdPublish_TV
New Cat Chatter

Cat not keeping food down past 24 hours. Had vaccine 1 week ago

Post by CrowdPublish_TV »

My 9 year old indoor cat was vaccinated a week ago. The last time he was vaccinated was 4 years ago, shortly after I adopted him. In the afternoon after his shots he hid under the bed, wasn't hungry, and he didn't keep down the little he ate. He was fine the next day, so he seemed to be having a normal post-vaccine reaction.

However for the past 24 hours he has not been keeping food down again. Other than that, he's acting like everything is normal - good appetite, no hiding, sitting in his usual spots, cuddling, he's active and alert. After he didn't keep down last night's meal, I've been giving him small amounts of food at more frequent intervals. I also tried Purina One Sensitive Systems food last night instead of his regular Iams for Mature Cats, hoping is would be easier on his stomach. He seemed to be better yesterday evening, but after I giving him a little more when I woke too early this morning, he didn't keep that down.

Is it normal for cats to have stomach problems again, a week after vaccines?
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Cat not keeping food down past 24 hours. Had vaccine 1 week ago

Post by Mayday21 »

I'd be calling the vet. Not keeping food down is not good. Vivian