Cat has got the wind up!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
misspaws
Frequent Cat Chatter

Cat has got the wind up!

Post by misspaws »

Hi

Does the wind affect cats? My Ziva does the odd bit of dashing around but today she is running about like mad every time the wind blows. I must say that it is quite strong today. She is also doing that stop and scratch behaviour when they are displacing excess energy. She has not got fleas and is healthy. Guess it is a case of having the wind up her tail!

Judy
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Cat has got the wind up!

Post by meriad »

Not sure if it's because of the wind but my Harry has been quite restless this past day or two; the others don't seem to bothered by it though
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

My Laz has been spooked over the last couple of days. He has calmed down now the wind has died down. Poor thing is so fragile that if he goes outside, the wind blows him off his feet.
misspaws
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by misspaws »

Hi

She calmed down a lot last night when the wind dropped and is her old self this morning. At this time of year there is a lot going on with the birds etc and I think that perhaps wind gusting round the garden and whistling down the chimney was a bit too much stimulation!

Ziva is doing fine now with her diet. She is on James Wellbeloved Senior and we have never had to get out the gas masks since Mark advised me on changing her to Purina one Sensitive biscuits. Unfortunately she had a bout of cystitis a couple of years ago and so we took her off all dry food and she is totally on wet. Her only problem is that she has had six teeth out due to FORL and I keep an eye out for any recurrence of that.

Judy
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

Several of my cats in the past have run around like mad things when it's windy. It gets them really excited, but doesn't seem to stress them, so I leave them to it! (Not much makes Lily run these days... :-) )