Injury from fighting

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Injury from fighting

Post by Joanne_ »

Poor Ted got some nasty injuries from fighting yesterday. At first I only noticed a tiny scratch on his nose- it stood out because his nose is all white, but I failed to spot the major injuries at first. It wasn't until he was acting really quiet and refusing food that I suspected something more was going on. I then noticed his ear was ripped slightly, it reeked really bad too! and was leaking. Then this morning Mum felt a scrape under his chin so we took him to the vets and he has two nasty abscesses:( No wonder he felt so bad. He was given two injections- one to help his temperature and the other for the infection. Thankfully his temperature has improved as he is more lively and eating. I am having to bathe his ear and chin a few times each day until it clears up. So lets all pray he heels well. I hate when they get sick.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Injury from fighting

Post by Lilith »

And if Ted could talk he'd say, 'Yeah, but you should see the state of the other guy!' :lol:

Bad lad for fighting! He'll be over the worst of it now but the bathing and draining always takes time. Get well soon Ted :)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Yes, get well soon Ted, and don't make a habit of it! ;)
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Norty boy, but hopefully he's feeling a bit brighter now. :)
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Joanne_ »

Lilith wrote:And if Ted could talk he'd say, 'Yeah, but you should see the state of the other guy!' :lol:

Bad lad for fighting! He'll be over the worst of it now but the bathing and draining always takes time. Get well soon Ted :)

Haha! He would! We actually said we dread to think what the other cat looks like lol.

You should feel his poor chin though! I swear the abscess has grown.