Kylie 11/7/16

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Kylie 11/7/16

Post by bobbys girl »

I know what you mean Mark, my black cat Willow is like that, a 'background' cat. Never any bother, never demanding. She was my first cat and is special, the way that Kylie was for you. Lovely photo of her. x
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

That is a lovely pic of her, Mark. I know we all love all our cats, but sometimes a cat comes into your life that is just a bit special, either due to circumstances or the bond that you share. I know that Kylie was for you. xx

Please forgive my going off-topic, but I just wanted to say that it's been nice to see some old faces here and to give them a wave.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

Crewella wrote:Please forgive my going off-topic, but I just wanted to say that it's been nice to see some old faces here and to give them a wave.
agree ;-)
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

she had a wonderful life with you and a peaceful ending - there is nothing more any of us can give our beloved pets
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

So sorry for your loss. You two tried so hard.... Cancer is bad .... Your heart will have a hole in it that will never be filled.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

Aww Mark I’m so sorry to read this. My heart just went in my mouth when I saw the update on the thread. I can imagine how you must feel now but not sure what to say. I know that you’ve done your best and she’s had a wonderful life with you. It’s always sad to read when anyone loses a pet but having reading about Kylie for a long time now from CC, I’ve shed a tear too. Thinking of you.
God Bless Kylie, gorgeous girl xx
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Very sad to read of Kylie's death. She was a beautiful and much loved cat.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Please forgive my going off-topic, but I just wanted to say that it's been nice to see some old faces here and to give them a wave.
Yes, it's nice that we can all return for a while to share Mark's grief. We all loved Kylie and hoped for a different outcome. xx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Just wondered how you're doing, Mark? xx
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Sorry Helen, just seen this.

I guess all considered, not too badly. Just trying to see the positives (not easy) - she had 17 good years and was always an active cat. Her quality of life had all but gone, still hard to accept though. I am still bracing myself for the call to tell me that I can go to collect an empty carrier and a box of ashes :(
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

She did. You always tell me how lucky cats are to find their way to my door - right back atcha. You gave her a lovely life and loved her the way she deserved to be loved, but of course you'll miss her, and I know that call will be tough. At least it means she can come home. (((hugs)))
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

That's going to be tough Mark, but as Helen says at least she will be coming home.Thinking of you.
shazxx50
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by shazxx50 »

Hi Mark, just caught up with your post, so sorry to read the sad news, Run free Kylie xxxx
Sharon x
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Thanks everyone. Her ashes are ready and I a picking them up on Monday. Still comes in waves when I know I won't see her again. I remember on the Saturday, she did something she always used to do,but hadn't for a while.I was holding her dish for her to eat and she rested her paw on my arm :cry:

The vet dealing direct with Petplan helped with the necessary financial side. With all her exclusions plus the excess + 20% to pay, I wasn't expecting much, but they paid over 60% of the bill (which was over £1000) - although we would have paid anything to see her well, it does help.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

I'm glad Petplan have been supportive, and I hope you picked up her ashes OK. xx
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I picked Kylie's ashes up at the beginning of the week. A bit disappointed, as the vet had asked I wanted a casket. I said yes, but I opened the outer box and there was another box inside.I thought it felt a bit light, but opened it, to see a plastic bag of ashes. Although I know it isn't Kylie really, I didn't want to see that. Anyway, as the outer boxes are quite big, I can only fit 2 in each of the bedside tables, so they were full (Willow, Clapton, Alice and Laz) so I have put them all together in an old sea chest - daft really, but I wanted them together. Funny, but when we lost Laz, all I requested was an individual cremation. His box felt heavier. I had never looked inside, but I did and there is a wooden box with a 'brass' plaque with his name on.

So, the end of an era. Just the 3 young'uns now. Ingrid has really come out of her shell and has taken over the role of queen of all she surveys.

Missing my old girl. She was special http://imgur.com/a/ezfOI
shazxx50
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by shazxx50 »

What a beautifule girl..... its nice you can have them all together, i struggled putting Mileys ashes in the garden because i felt she would be alone, but i go out every day and have a little chat xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Oh Mark, I know what you mean and I really feel for you right now. In your pic of her, Kylie is giving you the same look Bob gives me when I disturb him from a snooze to take his picture - 'oh go away will you, busy sleeping here!'

Mine are all in the garden, cats, dogs, birds. They all have their own memorial, some plants, some stones, most - both.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

That photo of Kylie is gorgeous, Mark, how beautiful she is and how on earth could her previous 'owners' not love her. Their loss was your gain, and Kylie's too.

Hugs, Lil x
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

That really is a lovely picture of her, bless her. You did them proud, Mark, all three of them. xxx