Health insurance with dental cover - any leads please?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
jegpad
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Health insurance with dental cover - any leads please?

Post by jegpad »

I'm wondering if there are any experienced owners here who could give a recommendation for health insurance for my two moggies, brother and sister Hansel and Gretel:

Three years old.
Spayed and neutered.
Microchipped.
Completely healthy with no pre-conditions.
No special breed.
Their jabs are not up to date - I don't believe in jabs every year for young cats. I'm waiting two years between jabs.

I'm looking for sites which ideally offer dental cover. I clean their teeth regularly with a toothbrush and paste.

Thanks in advance.
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Health insurance with dental cover - any leads please?

Post by greenkitty »

You would need to look at each policy. One of my policies won't cover routine dental treatment (wear and tear) but covered extractions that were caused by an oral virus but I know some won't.
Marmalade77
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Health insurance with dental cover - any leads please?

Post by Marmalade77 »

I know pet plan cover dental issues (not due to wear and tear though) if you have an annual dental check. My vet said this is as simple as them checking their mouth on an annual check (for us when we have their boosters). obviously they won't cover any of the illnesses reliant on the boosters if they believe they weren't adequately protected, but I think that'd standard for all insurance companies.