Fur ball?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
cathyday
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Fur ball?

Post by cathyday »

Hello all,

H has been off his food for a couple of days, only eating about half what he normally eats. This is very unusual for him.

Last night he threw up a fur ball. This morning he was pestering for food so we expected him to be back to normal, however he still only picked at his food.

We've given him some furball paste this morning in the hope that that may push through any remaining fur.

My question is have any of you experience of furballs and how long they could take to work through fully?
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Re: Fur ball?

Post by Jacks »

If he's not back to his normal self I would suggest a vet check - especially if he gets the runs, so watch out if you can. Mine gets regular hairballs but once they're up is straight back to eating normally...
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

Hi Cathy

I haven't come across this with furballs, so keep an eye on him. If the paste doesn't do the trick over the weekend, sounds like he might need a visit to Steve. Hope he picks up over the weekend.
cathyday
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by cathyday »

Hello.
Took H to see Steve last night. He's running a temperature so has picked a bug up from somewhere. He had a shot of painkiller & antibiotic. What a difference! He wolfed his tea last night & was all over us for his breakfast this morning.
We've been told to keep him in for 24 hours to ensure he doesn't have any litter tray issues which from the smell that's coming from the spare bedroom I would say he's ok. I'd best go clear that before it wakes Glen.....
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

Good old Steve does it again! So pleased H is feeling better. My sympathies on the pong!
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Diana »

Great news!!! Cats can catch bugs like us from time to time. Sometimes it sorts itself out other times we need a little help.