Need help/advice!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Hmrxx
New Cat Chatter

Need help/advice!

Post by Hmrxx »

Hi,

Ronny my 7 year old male cat has recent started loosing his fur on the top outside of his ear, ive left it a few days and now about 5/6 hard little under the skin lumbs have appeared all on the furless bit, but i've spoted on toward the bass of his ear.

They are not showing any signs of irritating him in anyway and they don't look sore, this is why i dont know if to be concerned or not...

Help?
issiandarchie+68
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Need help/advice!

Post by issiandarchie+68 »

Couldn't be sure without seeing Ronny's ears but it sounds to me like ear mites. My friends 2 Maine Coon cats displayed same symptoms. It doesn't start off too badly but becomes very sore and irritating, infection spreading over the outside of the ear the longer it is left, quite nasty. Failing that, it might be flea eggs. Both highly treatable but I would advise 'phoning the Vet for advice as cats ears are very sensitive, prone to infection. My friend had to rub ointment on his pet's ears, which they hated, on a daily basis for a few weeks but also needed antibiotics.

Issi
Hmrxx
New Cat Chatter

Post by Hmrxx »

Thank you, ive got a picture that i was going to put in the post but wouldnt let me attach it..

Ill ring the vet up as soon as i can, just thought i'd ask first because i didnt know if its something that come with a cats age or something but thanks for the help!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Best to get it checked out, just to be on the safe side. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about, but as it seems to be spreading I wouldn't wait too long.