Killer Cat

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Killer Cat

Post by bobbys girl »

I don't know why they blame Paddy for the lack of snakes. :? We don't have weasels (or is it stoats, I can never remember :?: ) and we don't blame him for that! I think they just took one look at all the bogs and said 'no ta, too wet for me mate'.

Although I wouldn't like it to happen in my garden, I would have paid good money to see shaking sunflowers and dithering dahlias. :lol:
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MarySkater »

Lilith wrote:Hey Mary Skater, did you get rid of the shrew?
I think they've all gone back outside... The first live one hid under the bookcases until the cat got bored and went away. Then it came out, ran into the kitchen, and I saw it sniffing along the bottom of the back door, so clearly it could remember (or smell) the way to outside. When I came near, it hid under the washing machine, but I left the back door open and went away. I didn't see the shrew again, so I presume it found its way out. With the next two live captures (unless it was the same unlucky shrew caught for a second or third time) I just opened the door and left them to find their way out. (I draw the line at cutting a one-inch-square hole in my door for a shrew flap... ;) )

Incidentally, one day last year, at a time when I didn't have any cats, I found a dead shrew under my wheelie bin. For such a tiny animal, the smell of decaying flesh was quite pungent. That experience has made me confident that I don't have any decomposing ones under my furniture - I'm sure I'd notice!

Mary
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Hi bobbys girl, snakes quite like damp conditions sometimes; although they enjoy basking; they seek damp spots when they're shedding, and some, like grass snakes and garter snakes, swim and catch frogs and fish -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEUMxpEUjQU

(It's fish in this case but snake-phobics, don't watch.)

One of mine used to climb into her water bowl and make a mess ...lovely!

Dithering dahlias lol! I'd have loved to see that too :D

Hey Mary, sounds like that was a SHREWd move on the part of the little guy :D