Harper Speyed & lump

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Harper Speyed & lump

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi I've posted pics of the 3 Muskateers. Harper's the ring leader. She was speyed last Fri & off to vet this morning for post op check. Know I was to TRY & keep quiet - impossible. Yesterday while a friend & I were painting a fence saw her climbing the fly screen & lump around the op area. Hoping it's a reaction to internal sutures & she hasn't ruptured anything - hernia! She's been teasing me by racing in my bedroom & climbing my lace curtains & turning "look at me! look at me!" And when I go yo get her down she jumps & races off with TC chasing her. :lol: Vivian
Gabbys_Mum
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Harper Speyed & lump

Post by Gabbys_Mum »

Wow! All go at your place then! :lol:
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Hi there, loved the pic on the other thread :)

It's amazing what a newly-spayed female's capable of. Plus the fact that some will take out their own stitches a day or two after the op :o though nowadays the incision's often glued of course. And they're usually fine.

There will of course be some swelling after any surgery, and I've seen some girls with lumpiness at the site of the op which the vet called 'granulation' (I'm not sure of the exact meaning without googling) and said was harmless.

She sounds pretty healthy to me and I hope the vet thought so too this morning.

Give her a fuss fom me, bless her :D
LittlePenBigHeart
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by LittlePenBigHeart »

Oh bless you!!

When we had our oldest cat, Gizzy, spayed about 5 years ago, she also developed a lump under the incision afterwards. We took her to the vet to get it checked out but they assured us it was just something that can happen after an op and it's nothing to worry about. Keep an eye on it and if it seems to get bigger or she seems to be in pain at all, whisk her back to the vet, but it sounds like the same thing Gizzy had.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Folks update on the swelling & thanks for your posts - fluid as she won't stay still. Erina withdrew some fluid to show me & said it will go down over the new few weeks. Definitely no hernia & no infection. When I was interstate one of the vet nurses moved in to look after the 3 & as Harper was a stray handed into the clinic Ruby knew Harper. Ruby told the vets & nurses "She never stops & is into everything & too clever for her own good!" Told Erina "Harper's the ring leader! :lol: :lol: Vivian
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Cats really don't know what's good for the sometimes - glad she's OK! :D