TC loose stools

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

TC loose stools

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Folks TC's off to the vet as his stools are again loose & yellowish. Funny he must know things aren't OK as I have the trays contained in storage containers to contain the litter and with newspaper down; he shreds the first layer of paper & then covers with the shredded paper. The other 2 are ok. Keep you posted. :( Vivian
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: TC loose stools

Post by Grace56 »

Aww! Poor old TC. I hope he's soon feeling better.
Could it be a change in his food. I know Dave had very loose stools a while back and it was the food in pouches with gravy. Sheba I think. When he went back to normal food he was fine again.

Give TC a fuss from me and Dave. :)
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Grace & others spool flotation test devulged nothing wrong but as he was treated for coccidia a few weeks ago, I've been given 6 pouches of probiotics for his inner health to mix with his food. Poor Harper was beside herself when I put him in the carrier - they're inseparable. Perhaps should have taken her too. His temp was up a tad 39.1 but that may be due to a bit of stress. Home now so hopefully things will settle. Grace no change in food that's what worried me & he was very appreciative of your's & Dave's fusses. TG its the weekend & I can monitor. Our fur babies are lucky we care! Vivian
Oddcat
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Oddcat »

Poor TC, I hope he's feeling better soon.

When I had three kitties with upset tummies (all at the same time, what a mess!! :shock: ) I had a lot of success with probiotics. I now keep a box at home and at the first sign of a poorly tum mix one in their food. Always seems to work very well. I buy boxes of Purina Fortiflora sachets online and it works out quite reasonable.

I do hope the probiotics work well for TC and he is on the mend soon, give him a fuss from me :)