Dave's results!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Dave's results!

Post by Grace56 »

Hi everyone.
I got Dave's biopsy results back today, and apparently the lesion on his nose could be some kind of infection. But it could also be a tumour, however, the chances of it being malignant are very slim. So that sounds a bit positive. :)

That sounds as though they're not sure what it is really. But the strange thing is, since the weather cooled and Dave is not lying for hours in the sun, his poorly nose doesn't look as angry or red. I wonder if it could be the sun which causes it.

Anyway, I have to carry on with the steroid ointment until it's gone and if no change, he has to go back and see what to do next.

But he is eating and playing and seems fine other than his beak, poor lad. :?

Ah well, watch this space and thanks for all crossed paws and tails. :D

Grace and meow from Dave. xxx
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Dave's results!

Post by mr_frisky »

Strange the biopsy wasn't more conclusive, but it's good news of sorts, at least nothing bad has been confirmed.

Hopefully he'll be back to normal in no time.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I think that does sound like good news, and hopefully it's healing too. xx
vic23
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by vic23 »

Hi Grace,
Glad to hear you got the results...although not completely conclusive, it sounds like it shouldn't be anything to worry about too much. Hope things continue to improve with the steroid cream.

Best Wishes

Vic x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

That's good news Grace.

It's weird really 'cos Ive had a day a bit like that so I really sympathise. It is SO annoying when doctors/vets can tell you what is NOT the matter but can't tell you what is the matter. :x

But hopefully, in Dave's case, it will all resolve itself in no time. Lots of fusses to the lovely boy.

Sue
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

Sounds good - fingers crossed for him :)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Ah, pity there wasn't more info, but as others have said, it sounds hopeful. Bet you were glad to get that over with. It crossed my mind earlier, about possibility of sun damage; cats with white facial bits, usually ears but I imagine noses too, can be susceptible, and humans can develop a thing called a solar keratosis which is a scaly lesion on the skin (not usually cancerous either.) But how on earth can you put sunscreen on a cat's nose - at least you've got a sporting chance with ears. Until they roll in the dust as I've heard of them doing lol.

So - hope he goes on improving - Shahi sends another friendly squeeze and the gang send purrs to you and Dave :)
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Grace living in the sun cancer state in Australia it could be sun damage & you've got it early. Hope Dave's beak keeps improving. Fusses & earvscratch for Dave too. Vivian