Success!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
LittlePenBigHeart
VIP Cat Chatter!

Success!

Post by LittlePenBigHeart »

For the whole time since we've had our kittens, they've had tummy troubles. They have super-sensitive digestion and even now, at 10 months old, they still have problems easily. But at last we've had some success!

We've been trying to move them over to a better-quality biscuit for their lunches, but it was a nightmare because substituting half of their normal biscuits (Purina One Sensitive - gentle on tummies but like feeding them junk food) with Orijen Cat and Kitten (much better quality)left them with very runny bottoms, and a LOT of unpleasant clean-up for us. We switched them over to More (much better than Purina One but not quite as high in meat as Orijen) and literally started with 2 biscuits at a time. Over the last month or so we've been increasing the amount gradually so we're now up to 12 biscuits each (yes, twelve!) and so far they're tolerating them absolutely fine! We're going to keep increasing but so far, things are looking good.

Hooray!

N.B - we did have one bad day with Dylan...I was putting some suet logs into a feeder for the birds and Dylan started hoovering up the bits of suet (with insects and mealworms in!) as I was doing it. He had a very runny tummy for a day or two after that, lol!
emmab
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Success!

Post by emmab »

Well done. We had the same issue with ours and it was because they were weaned off their mum too early and then comes the tummy problems. It took month for us to get ours sorted but can be a very slow process.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

I bought a 2kg bag of More from Pets Corner earlier this year. None of the cats would touch it, including cats that come in the garden to feed. I ended up putting it out for the birds. It is a higher meat content than Purina One sensitive, but very similar - ie, contains Maize and rice. I have tried every type of premium food (Orijen, Applaws etc) with little or no success and usually end up going back to the Purina and JWB
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

I must say I have never yet encountered a cat which didn't like James Wellbeloved Turkey kibble
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Kay wrote:I must say I have never yet encountered a cat which didn't like James Wellbeloved Turkey kibble
Yes, either that or the fish one. Mine love both. None of them are struck on Purina One or Royal Cannin.