Vet prescriptions

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Meandmymunki
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Vet prescriptions

Post by Meandmymunki »

Does anyone know if you can re use them? I uploaded mine Into PC and company never asked for original, so I still have it. It was for stronghold. So I'm wondering if there is any reason next month I can't use same script for another pack from a different company?
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Vet prescriptions

Post by greenkitty »

Maybe just worth trying, I'm not sure how they would know it's been used before?
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

1. Is it dated? It should be. That would give the game away

2.I'd be wary of getting prescription medicines without consulting the vet first. The reason they're on prescription is so that the vet can monitor the cat's condition and be sure that the treatment is appropriate.
Meandmymunki
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Meandmymunki »

As I said it's for Stronghold and if it hasn't killed my cats after 15 years I doubt it's going to start now.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

I'd try it - definitely. Esp if it is for a regular flea treatment.

As Lilynmitz said if it was for 'proper' medication then I'd clear it with the vet but for flea and worm treatment you should be fine
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

I hadn't thought about it before, but as it's only for flea treatment....

If anyone questioned the date, I would tell them you are a rescue and someone donated some so you held onto it until needed :)
Meandmymunki
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Meandmymunki »

Thanks, my original order arrived today (18 stronghold for which I had to scan and send 2 scripts, vet only charged for one) and they have actually sent it all in the name of the first script so def can still use one I think. We are treating a hoarders house we have taken in all with earmites and 6 stronghold for £20 x3 on one script charge has meant we could treat quite cost effectively. But be good to get some more in while we have the means......