Anyone have any experience with Destolit?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Anyone have any experience with Destolit?

Post by MarkB »

He seems a little bit brighter today thanks Sarah, but still not right. He has been sneezing and his eye is running, which I put down to a herpes flare-up. I bought him some L-Lysine yesterday but struggling to get him to take it. I went to Holland & Barrett first. They are hopeless. They offered me a topical ointment first, then horse-sized tablets. When I said they were far too big, the girl offered me a huge tub of amino mix for body builders!!! - I told her I only wanted lysine and that if it contained arginine (it did) it was no good. I ended up going to a proper nutrition shop and got some capsules - all natural but the filler is alfalfa, spirulina etc. He doesn't like it. I even put it in butter. He ate a bit. The butter wasn't Lurpak so guess what I am off out to buy shortly :)
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

You can't expect a boy to accept anything other than Lurpak. Pepsi insists on it, ideally with some Marmite as well! Poor Laz, he must be so fed up of medication. I'm struggling to get the last few days' Metronidazole down Edgar. Two of three of mine sneezing a but at the moment, and I'm hoping it's just grass pollen - I'm all over the place with hay fever. We're off to the vet with Edgar tomorrow morning, so Lou Lou is going for the ride too in the multi-cat carrier, so the vet can just check it's not something other than pollen reactions. Pepsi is unaffected, hardly ever hear her sneeze. As long as she's got her Mum close by not much bothers her. For her it's the bonding she needs more than anything.

Hope your lovely boy really perks up soon. How's Kylie? Is she doing okay?

Fusses to them both.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Sorry I haven't replied until, but I was getting seriously worried. He has been so withdrawn and started peeing on the rug again. I don't want to speak too soon, but he seems to have turned the corner this morning. :)

Kylie is OK I think. The extra UV means her eyes have flared up again so she has been back on the optimmune. She is being a real daddy's girl lately - she never used to be like that, except maybe at bedtime.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

I do hope he's on the mend now, Mark. Such a worry. Dear Kylie, she's very sensible to be a Daddy's girl. She knows she's loved.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

I had a feeling that you must be worried with you not posting. I've learnt on here that no news isn't necessarily good news. I really hope that Laz has turned a corner. That little lad has been through so much. Thank goodness he's got you. Hope Kylie improves too. Meanwhile enjoy her extra cuddles!!