Wake-up call every morning...tried EVERYTHING!!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Heather Owens
New Cat Chatter

Re: Wake-up call every morning...tried EVERYTHING!!

Post by Heather Owens »

Hi, there! I really think that there is a really good chance that your second cat could be the key to your solution. But first could you tell me how well the two cats get along? Perhaps building out their bond would keep them focused on each other and not you when you are trying to sleep. Also, are they on the same sleep schedule?
LeChat
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by LeChat »

Heather Owens wrote:Hi, there! I really think that there is a really good chance that your second cat could be the key to your solution. But first could you tell me how well the two cats get along? Perhaps building out their bond would keep them focused on each other and not you when you are trying to sleep. Also, are they on the same sleep schedule?
Hi! They get along pretty well now, just the first week or so I was a bit worried, cause the new cat seemed a bit annoyed by the boy, who always wanted to play. But now they're playing together all the time. And yes, they have more or less the same sleep schedule, though during the day the girl sleeps more (she's almost 5 and had been used for breeding by a pet shop before we got her).
LeChat
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by LeChat »

Quick update, been quiet the whole week, except for today (5am, a LOT of meowing). Again, not sure what was different..only that I went to bed half an hour earlier than usual.
LeChat
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by LeChat »

Sunday morning
6 AM meowmeowmeow
7 AM meowmeowmeow
wake up, activate food dispenser remotely
8 AM meowmeowmeow
9 AM meowmeowmeow
get up, open can, have breakfast myself

Sorry to bring up an old thread, there are still mornings I wanna bang my head against the wall, more often than not recently...
This morning at 5.30 (although he got a lot of action yesterday before going to bed and in the evening), he couldn't endure just an hour longer till when I'd wake up anyway..
Am starting to doubt this will ever end... 20 years of this..not sure I (and the neighbors) can take it.. :(
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Ohh dear, sorry to hear :(

There IS an animal tranquilliser called Zylkene (organic: it's based on milk enzymes and you can buy it via Amazon etc) that I've heard good reports of. It seems an extreme measure, but perhaps, last thing at night ... perhaps other people whose cats have used it could advise further?

On re-reading this thread I notice I posted about my Mouse, who ended up screaming for food all night long (had to be fresh wet food - leftover supper wet food and biscuits were not enough) and has now been treated for hyperthyroidism ... peace at last. If only your problem was as simple - I do sympathise and hope you find a solution. All the very very best!
LeChat
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by LeChat »

Thanks!

Tranquilizer sounds indeed a bit...extreme :|
Past few days it's been quiet, but I'm usually more worried about the weekend, praying he'll be a good boy...
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I wouldn't class Zylkene as a tranquilizer, it can help calm cars