Eye sick

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
thecount_odi
New Cat Chatter

Eye sick

Post by thecount_odi »

Hi!!

I tell you, my cat lately has an eye sick (we take care of it and it heals, in less than 24 hours). And after a month, more or less, return to the same. Can anyone know why?

My cat is called Odi, he's a bit grumpy but we love him. I leave a link so you can see the eye.
https://thememoriesofthecountodi.blogsp ... alito.html
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Eye sick

Post by Lilith »

Hi and welcome. Poor guy. A simple home remedy is saline (one teaspoonful of salt in 1 pint boiled water, cooled) and bathe very gently with cottonwool, but there may be some underlying cause such as a low-grade infection. Was he a stray, since you've had to have him neutered recently?

Hopefully other people with more knowledge than me will be along soon but all the best and love the blog, he is indeed muy guapa! :D
vanilla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Eye sick

Post by vanilla »

From the picture it looks like he has something inside? Maybe an eyelash, grass seed or piece of dirt that acts as an irritant. If it continues, maybe take him to the vet to check the eye out. Could be a small cyst inside?