Sudden odd behaviour

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
AloofAres
New Cat Chatter

Sudden odd behaviour

Post by AloofAres »

Hi everyone, first time on here, need some advice, or suggestions.

Ares is just over a year old, she is a rescue cat had her since she was brought to me at six weeks a scrawny bony almost baldy wee thing. Now quite fat.

She is sitting constantly on the window ledge and doesn't move much, she is not eating much either, she is fine when I go to clap her but doesn't want to play much either.

She is an indoor cat I have offered her the option to go out but does not seem interested unless that is what she wants now.

Why is she doing this am becoming worried, she has been catching and eating a lot of flies lately, is that the cause?

Any advice would be great.
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Sudden odd behaviour

Post by Marla »

I'm sorry to hear that Ares isn't herself. A change in behaviour like this needs to be investigated by a vet. She could have an infection or injury that you can't see.

When our cat was 12, she stopped going outside and laid by the window a lot. We thought she was just getting old, but it turned out that she had a low-grade infection.

If it turns out that Ares needs an antibiotic, avoid the antibiotic injection because it can cause serious reactions in some cats. I always opt for the tablets.

I hope she's feeling better soon.