Royal Canin Calm

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
emmab
VIP Cat Chatter!

Royal Canin Calm

Post by emmab »

Has anyone had good results from using RC Calm for strssed cats please? Not noticing any difference at the moment although not aure how long it takes. Thanks
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Royal Canin Calm

Post by booktigger »

I didn't notice much difference but the vet thought it was because I didn't just feed that, so recommended Zylkene instead. She did seem a bit worse after we stopped it though
emmab
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by emmab »

Yes, I am giving them felix wet at night so will have to stop that and give them 100% RC Calm and see how it goes. The reviews are really good for it.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Mine wasn't that I was feeding it with wet, more that her previous dry food had glucosamine for her joints so I was doing 50/50 with the two dry foods
emmab
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by emmab »

Ah OK. I have just emailed my vet to see if Zylkene may help Gemo and her stress with the adopted cat. I know RC Calm has some in but may not be enough. Also may not sort the issue out long term either.
emmab
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by emmab »

Yikes....Gemo has just gone outside! She normally sits on the chair on the patio but she seems to have wondered a bit further. Hopefully the RC is helping?
Rubirabbit
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Rubirabbit »

This may sound dull but how do you tell if a cat is stressed? D is my first cat, so know very little about them.
emmab
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by emmab »

Cat scared to go out, always looking around for the other cat as well as peeing in the house in places other than the litter tray. Not even going out to wee and using the litter tray.
emmab
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by emmab »

What is the best way of administering Zylkene? In water would be good as I am trying to keep them on RC calm and am trying to cut out treats.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

emmab wrote:What is the best way of administering Zylkene? In water would be good as I am trying to keep them on RC calm and am trying to cut out treats.
If you used Zylkene, you wouldn't need RC Calm. When I used it, I mixed it into wet food - downside of using water would be that they might not drink it all.
emmab
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by emmab »

The vet has said the RC Calm is fine to take with the Zylkene. However the receptionist has sold me 50 x 75gram but the vets email later suggested they can take 225g? I am checking with her because I now have x50 - 75g which may not be strong enough.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

You could, but it would be pointless, its the same ingredient. Have you tried Pet Remedy?