Zylkene

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
emmab
VIP Cat Chatter!

Zylkene

Post by emmab »

I am interested to hear from others owners who have their cats on Zylkene please? I have partly covered it under another topic which may have been overlooked with some of you interested in this topic but would like to know your experiences. The vet receptionist has recommended 75mg but later the vet emailed and suggested 225mg which I am just querying. I am not sure how to up their dosage. They are on Royal canin Calm also which the vet said is OK to continue which has a slight dose of Zylkene in it too. What dosages have you all tried and alongside what food? Many thanks.
sunnyme_123
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Zylkene

Post by sunnyme_123 »

Hi Emma,
One of my cats, Bertie, is on Zylkene on a regular basis. He was semi-feral when I adopted him at six months, and also has learning difficulties and 10 years later and he still becomes very nervous at the slightest thing out of the ordinary. I mix one tab of Zylkene in with his food once a day. If something traumatic is happening, and he's very stressed, I increase it to one tab twice a day, just mixed in with his regular food. It has made a real difference to his quality of life, so I'm really pleased with it.
emmab
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Zylkene

Post by emmab »

Brill that is great to know your cat is doing well with it. I initially bought 75g but vet recommended two weeks on the 225 mg so have bought some stronger ones today. Does say it takes 6 weeks or so to work and is not an overnight thing?