Sore or wound on cats face

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Kiki16
New Cat Chatter

Sore or wound on cats face

Post by Kiki16 »

Hi everyone,
I have a 3 yo neutered male. I adopted him 7 months ago. This morning I've noticed he has a wound on his face near his whiskers. It's red/pink fur is missing but it's not bleeding. He has scabs on his face beside this new wound. He does get into fights with cats in our neighbourhood I'm unsure of this was caused by a cat or is something else. I try to keep him inside but he always wants out. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Sore or wound on cats face

Post by Kay »

Scabby patches on the face can be a sign of an allergy - one of mine gets them above her eyes when she eats something with fish in

Have you seen your boy scratching his face?
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by mr_frisky »

One of my cats had 4 large red marks on her face and much of the fur missing where she'd been scratching a few weeks ago. The vet said they were infected flea bites, even though she'd been de-flead a month earlier. It must have come up very quick as I only noticed it one day. She's better now. Could it be something similar?
elastu
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by elastu »

If you are worried perhaps a visit to the vets would be in the little ones interest.