Odd behavior

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Kim mills
Frequent Cat Chatter

Odd behavior

Post by Kim mills »

Hi there people back with a question have a new cat from rescue center 2 yrs Jane has been in shelter half her life she's been with us 10 weeks everything going ok she's coming out of her shell ive noticed when using cat litter tray she scratches the fridge door all around also the floor have moved her tray to other side she scratched that wall when away from walls she reached for them she has 2 scratch poles and uses them she was in a 6 by 4 ft cage in shelter she has run of house a cat flap always uses litter tray which I prefer any ideas her nail look ok
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Odd behavior

Post by Kay »

I've had cats do this too - I don't know why they do it, but it falls under the vague description of normal cat behaviour! I wonder if your girl would like a hooded tray, which will give her sides to scratch at
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nanny pamy »

My friends got a bigger tray (a lot bigger) and her cat stopped doing this
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Sounds like she is just trying to cover her scent. Tommy was a big cat and he would scratch the tiles around the smaller litter tray, just because he couldn't manoeuvre his big body in the tray! A bigger tray should help.