Cat Eaten Too Much And Now Not Eating

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Fatty Catty
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Cat Eaten Too Much And Now Not Eating

Post by Fatty Catty »

Hi everyone, new to forum and looking for a bit of advice!

I have two female cats, Rosie and Daisy, they're sisters who are 11 years old and I've had them since kittens.

They both like their food but Daisy's a scoffer! Will eat her whole meal in one go but her sister will take a bit more time and has it over a couple of hours.

I stayed at a friends on Saturday evening to take care of her puppy as she had to go away for work and returned at about 11am. I'd left an extra bit of food in they're bowls as wasn't sure what time I'd get home (probably a stupid idea!).

I've got a horrible feeling Daisy has gorged on the food when I wasn't around. The last couple of days she's taken hours to eat her food, probably the first time since I've had her! She's didn't poop yesterday. No sick or diarrhoea and acting normal.

Just a bit worried she ate too much in one go and could maybe be a bit constipated? Was wondering if anyone's had the same issue or could suggest something to help her out?!

Thanks for reading and any advice.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat Eaten Too Much And Now Not Eating

Post by Kay »

hi and welcome

was it wet or dry food you think she might have gorged on? if dry it could be she hasn't drunk enough and I'd encourage her to drink more - but otherwise I'd give it a couple more days before thinking there must be something wrong - it might be over-eating has put her off for a bit, but if she's anything like me it won't last
Fatty Catty
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Fatty Catty »

Thanks for the reply. Yes it was dry food, will put an extra few bowls of water down and try and get her to drink more.
Just very unlike her to miss meals, normally tries to polish off her sisters after hers! Doesn't seem to be anything else going on so sure she'll be back to her piggy self soon!
Thanks again.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Just a thought, I don't know about your cats, but with mine it is definitely a case of - you can lead a horse to water .....! It doesn't matter how many bowls of fresh water you leave out, they still seem to prefer pond water or puddles ( I think it may be our tap water, which is fairly yuk). If we want ours to drink more we either put a splash of evap milk in water or scoop up some rain water (never a problem in this part of the world).

Hope things resolve themselves soon.
Fatty Catty
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Fatty Catty »

Yes she doesn't appear to have had much out of the other bowls but have seen her at her 'usual' bowl a few times last night/this morn.

She's eaten better this morning. Nearly eaten all of her breakfast but still no poo! Normally like clockwork in the morning!
No rain yet but sure there will be soon as in Britain! So will try that and if not evaporated milk it is!
And some tummy massages soon to try and get her bowels moving!!