Cat Drinking More Water

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Cat Drinking More Water

Post by booktigger »

AndyMac wrote:Thanks Mayday - had Jet at the vet today and he give her a small steriod dose injection - I have to inject her every other day for the next 2 weeks. He is still concerned that it may be IBS she has and the increased enzyme in her blood test concerning the liver - he did mention again about the Triaditis. Long term he did mention steriod injections could cause further damage to the liver/kidneys .

She was good today and didnt hiss at the vet - he still sees the teeth as a secondary issue as he said if she is still eating the biscuits then the teeth are not causing her problems but they will hopefully be addressed at some point. I got a few pouches of bland wet food and some bland biscuits - tried her with the pouches and she didnt want to know. The vet asked what wet food she would eat - Gourmet Perle - Whiskas - Felix - etc... he did say that some brands particularly Felix and Whiskas are very rich and may be upsetting her stomach. I was in Lidl yesterday and saw a sliced pork product and tried Jet with that and she loves it - it is quite nice as I tried it myself - Sopocka its called. She was crying looking fed today but again she will not eat any wet food - sniffs it and walks away - the vet said if she is eating the dry food then just let her have that.

Hoping in the next few days the steriods will help - she has not lost any weight from her last visit and is bright and alert so fingers crossed she will eventually regain her appetite.
Pork is one of the worst things you can give cats unfortunately. I've had numerous cats with dental issues who are fine with biscuits as they can swallow them whole - even had one foster who ate dental biscuitsa day after having 11 teeth removed!
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Booktigger anti inflammatories do nothing for the pain ... tried 3 lots & zilch hence back to dr. Vivian
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

Mayday21 wrote:Hi Booktigger anti inflammatories do nothing for the pain ... tried 3 lots & zilch hence back to dr. Vivian
Have they not given you prescription ones?
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Booktigger script for prednisone only. And research points in this direction. Found great UK site on pmr. Me & my best mate have been researching diet, exercise, natural remedies incl collidial silver. She found a post on negative side effects for that so still researching. It’s debilating - should have seen me trying to do litter trays!! I found long prongs to pick up kitty dishes :o Vivian
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Hey Mayday I missed this - so sorry to hear and hope you find a solution - it's so hit and miss with meds and treatments that I think you're wise to research for yourself - all the very best and purrs from my gang to the famous four from Oz x

Hope Jet's going on ok Andy - all tails and paws crossed here :)
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Lilith thanks for thoughts. Tried to delete my post as not really cat related chat other than picking up kitty dishes & litter trays. :? The famous 4 haven’t been outside for 2weeks as unable to race after the terrorist Harper when she decides to race round, up on retaining walls & over fences :o Fusses to Mousey & gang.

Andy fusses to Jet too. Vivian