Feliway plug ins?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Feliway plug ins?

Post by filardimarg-9 »

Someone suggested I get some of the Feliway plug ins for Bella because she isn't coming down stairs, what are your thought's on them, do they work in your opinion??

Marg.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Feliway plug ins?

Post by Lilith »

Hi Marg, I've tried Feliway once, but for the opposite problem; living with my Molly is like living with a poltergeist (I SWEAR that cat's capable of being in two places at once!) and when she was younger it was a bit much. Also she was weeing on the floor if she felt she wasn't getting my full attention, like when I dared to make a phone call.

I'm afraid the Feliway made no difference. She's a good girl now and uses her tray (paws crossed!) But it's still like living with a six-year old poltergeist and I still SWEAR... :o

But I've heard very good reports from other people about Feliway.

I do think time may be the remedy with Bella - in a few months you may find her underfoot everywhere ... do hope so, please give the bella Bella a fuss from me :)
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I'm not sure Feliway would work for that, I've only had success with aggressive females. Maybe Pet Remedy (Valerian based) may be better, if you can cope with the smell. I do think time is the best option, I've had cats choose to live upstairs (they ate/toileted upstairs unlike Bella)
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

We used them for quite a few months to try and settle things between our three cats not long after getting the juniors. They did seem to help at the time, however when i got made redundant we decided that it was worth trying without them as they are rather expensive month after month. We let the current one run out and then didn't replace it, that was over a year ago and we haven't felt the need to get another since.

I think they do help to an extent to relax a cat, so it might help Bella feel happier downstairs, but they certainly aren't the wonder cure all that some make them out to be.
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by filardimarg-9 »

Hi Ruth, Bella does eat & toilet upstairs, she does come down when she is hungry both morning & night, the rest of the time she is upstairs.

I did use the dog equivalent of Feliway, she was very nervous of loud noises & fireworks, it made no difference what so ever, I was told about these for Bella by a friend, but I don't think I will bother with them.

Marg.
shazxx50
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by shazxx50 »

Hi, didnt calm Puddle I still came home to another chuck of wallpaper on the floor I now leave the radio on when we go to work, so far no ripping
wallpaper, could be a fluke.... but if it help .... her and her naughtiness. Hope it will work for your kitty x
filardimarg-9
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by filardimarg-9 »

Ok, thanks for the replies, I don't think I will bother with these, quite expensive & if the don't work for many, just a waste really.

Marg.
Red wine lady
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Red wine lady »

I’ve got Feliways, upstairs and down and they definitely worked in the early days to settle Oscar in...but I am not renewing them this time as I think they are short term thing. Oscar was very stressed and paced around the house and they calmed him.
vanilla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by vanilla »

I bought one to see if it had any effect, especially as it was coming up to 5th November. I also bought the bach rescue remedy, adding a few drops to his food. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

I don't think the Feliway worked as well as the remedy. He seemed so relaxed after taking the remedy. I'm not buying another feliway now that it has run out, also I was a bit concerned about its safety, as the unit got so hot!

I've stopped giving him the remedy now that firework season is over. His behaviour has changed and doesn't bite as much. Definitely chilled out but then again it could be because he is no longer producing any testosterone since he had the chop! :o :lol: