Infected spay??

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Ratatouille
New Cat Chatter

Infected spay??

Post by Ratatouille »

From what I've read it isn't, but I am such a worry wart. Just wanna make sure my fur baby is A- Okay, she is about 8-9 months! She is eating great, affectionate, acting just fine, but again I just want to double check. Especially since the vets office is closed for 2 days! Appreciate the help ahead of time!
Attachments
26237857_1529573953795565_1308275543_o.jpg
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Infected spay??

Post by Janey »

Hi and welcome. I would give the vets a ring to be on the safe side. There should be someone on call. Let us know how things go.
Sniper1
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 18

Post by Sniper1 »

From the pic it doesn't look infected the real risk with infected spay is when it goes from inside to out your pic certainly doesn't look likre that many surface reactions/minor discharge to spay are self regulating remember there are layers of skin , muscle and fat stitched together below the outer skin
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi agree with Janey best to be safe & get checked. Keep us posted on outcome. Fusses to her.
Ratatouille
New Cat Chatter

Post by Ratatouille »

I went and got her checked, and they said it was completely normal, a little excessive glue, but it isn't swollen. leaky, hot, not temperature, she should be A- Okay! Thanks everyone!