Prescription and ordering online.

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Prescription and ordering online.

Post by Grace56 »

As my vet charges over £25 for a medium bottle of Metacam, I was thinking of ordering online as I see it’s so much cheaper.
However, I don’t know what the procedure is; do I request a prescription by email from the vet and attach it to the order, or does one use ‘snail mail’ and send the script by post. :?

Plus, how on Earth can I get Dave to take turmeric paste. I’ve tried everything. Only thing left now is to make tiny pills and use the ‘pill popper’. :lol:

He can smell the stuff a mile away. :?
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Prescription and ordering online.

Post by Kay »

I get regular Bisolven by posting the original prescription - if your vet will give you a repeat prescription you can lodge it with your chosen online company and reorder as you need it - watch out for expiry date though

have a look at this https://goldenpastecompany.co.uk/collec ... c-sausages - there is mention of free samples so that could be worth trying

I got small amounts into my Trigger by mixing it into malt paste, which he loved, and smearing it on his paws so he would lick it off - I never got as much into him as I would have liked though
Red wine lady
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Red wine lady »

Grace56 wrote:As my vet charges over £25 for a medium bottle of Metacam, I was thinking of ordering online as I see it’s so much cheaper.
However, I don’t know what the procedure is; do I request a prescription by email from the vet and attach it to the order, or does one use ‘snail mail’ and send the script by post. :?

Plus, how on Earth can I get Dave to take turmeric paste. I’ve tried everything. Only thing left now is to make tiny pills and use the ‘pill popper’. :lol:

He can smell the stuff a mile away. :?
Everytime you mention 'Dave' it brings a smile to my face...I love the name for a cat x
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

First thing is to check with your vet if they charge for them, then check on something like Vet UK as to whether it is cost effective
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I think Pets at Home will fill prescriptions but they are not as fast as 'over the counter' chemists.

As for the turmeric, you might try to disguise it in a little coconut oil. Purdy just loves the stuff and will lick clean any spoon that has had coconut oil on it. It is a bit messy (and don't use anything plastic!)
but you can make a paste with them and store the excess in the freezer. Both are considered generally safe for cats, though there are always the exceptions. Good luck.