Should I stop contact with previous owner?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Should I stop contact with previous owner?

Post by Catfan5 »

When Baileys previous owner comes to stay occasionally (my DIL) we encourage her to see her and make a fuss of her. Bailey loves her and purrs and is really happy but when she's gone Bailey's spraying gets worse than ever. Bailey has been with us for over two months now and her fur is growing back slowly (http://www.catchat.org/felineforum/view ... f=13&t=357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) but the sedation and dematting triggered behavioural spraying everywhere in the house. She had started to calm down and spray less with the help of lots of playing, Bachs flower remedies and trying to keep her as stress free as possible. It seems she takes a step backwards when DIL visits and I'm wondering if I should cut out the contact or would that be unkind. My priority is Bailey and she is a confused little girl still. Any thoughts on this would be welcome.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (8.79 KiB) Viewed 1253 times
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Should I stop contact with previous owner?

Post by greenkitty »

I would stop the visits for a while see if that makes a difference. I wonder what makes her spray if she had a happy life with your DIL?
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Should I stop contact with previous owner?

Post by Catfan5 »

http://www.catchat.org/felineforum/view ... f=13&t=203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The thread above will explain her previous life but the spraying only started after the dematting. She's always been a highly strung cat and all the changes over the last couple of months have tipped her over the edge so to speak.