Dave Update.

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Dave Update.

Post by Grace56 »

Hello all. I haven’t been on here again much lately as my Dave took up much of my time and everything was neglected.
Sadly, I had to have my dear boy PTS on Tuesday afternoon.
The squamous cell carcinoma on his poor nose had spread and he was very poorly.
His wonderful vets did everything they could for my boy; even trying cryotherapy in December. But all to no avail.
We both fought so damned hard and he was so brave and stoic just as cats are in pain.
My one comfort is that I gave him three and a half years of love, comfort, warmth and food.

My heart is broken but I know I did the most loving thing for him at the end. He passed peacefully in my arms as I told him how much I love him and I’ll see him again one day.

My best wishes to you all and your precious fur babies here and at The Bridge. xxx
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Dave Update.

Post by Janey »

Hi Grace56. I’m really sorry for the loss of your lovely lad Dave :cry: can’t life be cruel. I am sure though that he couldn’t have wished for a more a loving home. God bless little fella xx My thoughts are with you Grace56, take care.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I'm so sorry to hear this, RIP little one. He had a great home at the end with an owner who did everything for him, I hope in time you can take some peace from that
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

So sorry to read this. I know Dave must have had the best life possible with you. At the end the best we can do is make sure they don't suffer, even if it means we have to.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

So very sorry. Sleep tight Dave. Hugs to you, Grace, and lots of love, Lil x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Oh Grace I am so very sorry to hear that. I agree with all that's been said, but right now all I want to do is send you a great big (HUG).

I'm sure my Tommy will show Dave around at the bridge.

Sue xxx
Antonio
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by Antonio »

Grace, I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Dave.
You did all you could, Dave knows this and is grateful for your love, dedication and attention. He knows you try hard to save him.
When this moment comes, it seems that no word can be helpful. I hope you find some comfort in the fact that you loved him beyond imagination and he loved you back likewise. That you gave him the warmth of a home, the love of a caring hand, the best life he could have.
RIP Dave, take care of your mom from the Bridge.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Very sad to read of your loss of Dave. I know he meant a lot to you and how hard it is to know there is nothing else you can do for him. He'll be up there playing with Badger and Tommy and all the rest of them.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Grace so sorry to read your post & no you’ll be feeling the loss. I can’t add anything more than what others have posted. Take care & as Alan posted Dave’s at the Bridge with our fur babes waiting for us to join them - imagine the welcoming party... Vivian & the famous 4 from Oz