Pix the pain

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Rosiepix2010
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Pix the pain

Post by Rosiepix2010 »

Since we had a fox invasion pixie won't go out the back garden. I'm like a personal doorkeeper! I'm guessing he's got bitten by a fox with cubs. He goes out the front door but even then spends most of his time hiding under cars! I have tried sitting in the garden with him to coax him out there , even tried putting him on the garden fence but he jumped straight back down into the garden. Been to the vets physically fine, give feliway for his constant crying which has eased a bit. I'm going away soon and my daughter is popping round to feed him etc. I hate the idea of him sitting in the street all day because he won't use the cat flap. My daughter said don't keep letting him in through the front and I know she's right but find it hard to do as I worry about him being out all night! Got a month til I go away, any suggestions please?
Hazel
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Pix the pain

Post by Hazel »

Does he want to go out the front door? If he's not that bothered about going out at all maybe you could just let him stay in until he gets his confidence back? If the cat flap is available I'm sure he'll use it once he decides he's missing out on the sunshine.
Rosiepix2010
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Rosiepix2010 »

Hazel thanks for your reply, yes driving me nuts to go out the front miaows non stop, that's why I have tried feliway from the vets. Feel like we go round in circles
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

Would you consider keeping him indoors whilst you are away? It would be easier for your daughter to keep an eye on him and you wouldn't need to worry about him getting into difficulties. It sounds like Pixie has lost his confidence and needs time before he's ready to free-roam again. I'm sure you have some nice sunny window ledges where he could pass the time...
Rosiepix2010
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Rosiepix2010 »

Thanks Jacks yes that may be an option , he's got 2 nice window ledges and a big patio window to look out on, just waiting to see if my grand daughter can come to stay then I know he'd be ok he was one of her cats kittens :0)