PLEASE help / HotSpot(Cat)?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
GregoryUS
Returning Cat Chatter

PLEASE help / HotSpot(Cat)?

Post by GregoryUS »

Hello to all of you ,

My Name is Greg , I'm having a bit of stress regarding my " Cat " Its a feral cat shes an year old , i have her on my backyard non stop since she was a babie i have build a shelter for her , and he and i have a bound she follows me everywhere plays with me , and is completely an amazing cat, i take care of him as best as i can do.

- I have played with him today with a ball attached to a string to get him running as well so she gets some running going on daily basis. Than i noticed after a bit when he sat down and his " Left Leg " raised up so i got alerted that he maybe hurted himself while we were playing than i noticed him leaking his leg non stop than he jumped across the fence to my neighbor and he looked at me and started like crying like giving some kind of signal , and that cat does not go anywhere far always only in my backyard or his house or on my backyard chair or in a tiny forest that i have in my backyard few trees he enjoys chaseing squirrels / birds there and such....

Anyways when he came back to eat , i have taken my phone out and i snapped some pictures of the spot.

Please respond with your opinions , treatments , home treatments and of the current situation how serious it much be " IF SO " Its much appreciated , and i be looking forward to see what you folks have to say . Thank you so much for reading , and for your answers.

~Thank You.
Greg.
Attachments
7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
GregoryUS
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: PLEASE help / HotSpot(Cat)?

Post by GregoryUS »

Additional Photo
Attachments
8.jpg
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by fjm »

It is hard to tell from photos,is the skin broken and red and raw, or just hairless? Does it look as if it is a cut or graze that has already healed? The fur often doesn't come away until the skin has healed, leaving a bare patch until the hair regrows. Is there any heat or swelling? It could be an abscess forming, or one of many things. If it is not bothering him too much you could try bathing with warm boiled water with a pinch of salt in it, and keep an eye on it. If it is a possible abscess I would get him to the vet - they can need antibiotics to heal, and can be very painful until they burst.
GregoryUS
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by GregoryUS »

fjm wrote:It is hard to tell from photos,is the skin broken and red and raw, or just hairless? Does it look as if it is a cut or graze that has already healed? The fur often doesn't come away until the skin has healed, leaving a bare patch until the hair regrows. Is there any heat or swelling? It could be an abscess forming, or one of many things. If it is not bothering him too much you could try bathing with warm boiled water with a pinch of salt in it, and keep an eye on it. If it is a possible abscess I would get him to the vet - they can need antibiotics to heal, and can be very painful until they burst.

SO MUCH THANKS for reply , I just noticed it today , i'm not sure if this just appeared today or when , i can't really tell you. It does not seem to be heated or any swelling on it at all , its simply now a bit of a " bold spot " with clear skin on it with some like like hot spot or something. Its not any scratch or anything that is for sure it looks like a little dot of a stick pinch of some kind maybe when he was jumping on the grass with me playing before in days he flips goes crazy while playing , but he seems to be okay i just came outside to check on him he was on top of the tree looking at a bird hahahah he came down to come next to me and he sat down right next to me and i took additional picture which will be posted right under. So he does not seem to be in extreme pain since he can still clime , and as well i included the picture of him from a week ago :)

I can't upload picture for some reason so i uploaded them via "IMG BB"

Pictures of my Cat
https://ibb.co/cpqH9n
https://ibb.co/dTNVUn
https://ibb.co/nb2m27

Pictures of the Problem " NEW JUST TAKEN "

https://ibb.co/jUQ0Un
https://ibb.co/dRvpN7
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by fjm »

I would watch it but not worry unduly - most of these things are self limiting, and a cat with a good immune system recovers by itself. If it looks swollen, infected or inflamed it may need a vet visit. For minor grazes and abrasions I swear by Hypercal ointment - I don't know whether it is the herbs or the lanolin, but it heals skin fast and is safe to use on cats (I asked a vet to check before I started to use it).
GregoryUS
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by GregoryUS »

fjm i just went to the store just came back and i bought him some medicine , for skin irritation and healing " Spray for the wound " as well medicine that its added to his water :) , his running all over the backyard so its not as bad but of course it has to be treated. As i did read the review's before i left they were all on ++ And it helped many others in the same situation so hopefully it does. Btw this is a great website i will keep active and i keep yall all posted and others about my situation and the product how it works and such...

Picture Under:
http://tinypic.com/r/2ag9353/9

Medicine

- Vetericyn Plus ( Wound Spray )
- Skin & Itch ( Tomlyn )
GregoryUS
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by GregoryUS »

:)
Attachments
k7.jpg
k6.jpg
k5.jpg
k4.jpg
k3.jpg
k2.jpg
k1.jpg
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

Please make sure the products you have bought are designed to be used on cats. Some products for humans, or other animals, can be toxic to cats.

My thoughts are ringworm, or an animal bite, which may form an abscess. Both would need veterinary treatment. To be honest, if at all possible, it would be sensible to get your puss to the vet if it isn't showing signs of healing within the next week, if not before.
Sniper1
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 18

Post by Sniper1 »

He's gorgeous thank you for looking after him his wound doesn't look too serious to me and maybe he's made it more sore by licking it just keep an eye on it as you obviously do it can be hard to decide vet or not especially if you may get him there and he's so freaked out he can't be examined properly anyway and the whole trauma causes a breakdown in your bond its not always as simple as people think or as necessary