I'm losing beloved Gandhi

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: I'm losing beloved Gandhi

Post by Lilith »

Bless him. Yes, you learn to live with this, and so does the cat. Hoping you've got a lot of quality time together yet, please give him a fuss from me x
Allison
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: I'm losing beloved Gandhi

Post by Allison »

I have had several kitties diagnosed with CRF...I have one now...sorry i didnt get a chance to read all the posts but my best possible advice to you is to give Ghandi IV ringers lactate....your vet can tell you the appropriate amt of cc's to give her...my kitty lived five long happy yrs when i caught her KD failure EARLY...because I gave her ringers every third evening...its really easy to do at home...you hang the bag up high on your wall and inject a high gauge needle into kitties skin on back of neck...and fill her body with the electrolytes potassium and sodium she needs...I have been told they can live a long comfortable life up to seven yrs after the diagnosis of CRF...if caught early...some vets will not agree with giving this fluid in early stage but I have been told it will prolong their life for a long time...its not scary for most cats (my kitty sleeps through the ten mins it takes)....the needle does not hurt too much and some kitties dont even feel it...and your kitty can live a very long healthy life!!