Saying Goodbye

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Churchillsmom1
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Saying Goodbye

Post by Churchillsmom1 »

I think I'm gonna have to say goodbye to my baby girl later today. She has intestinal cancer and it was only detected a couple of weeks ago. Before then she had been absolutely fine, since then she seems to be disappearing before our eyes, losing weight, become withdrawn, not eating, not wanting to be held (she has always been my baby and a really fussy girl and followed me around like my shadow) it's breaking my heart and I promised her I wouldn't let her suffer.

I don't want to say goodbye
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Saying Goodbye

Post by Janey »

I am so sorry (((hugs))) to you and your girl. I presume you've discussed with your vet and been told there's nothing they can do to help her? if so, then although it's the hardest thing, I know, it is also the kindest thing to save your little girl's suffering. I just really wanted to say take care, and that my thoughts will be with you both xx
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

So sorry hear this - unfortunately this is one of those times when we have to say goodbye - the only decision is when. Is it possible for the vet to give her some pain medication to make her a little more comfortable so that you can have a little precious time together and give her the love and comfort she deserves? It might make it a little less awful when the moment comes. I can understand just how helpless you feel when your baby is slipping away from you and you really need to cuddle her that special last time.

We will be thinking of you. xx ((hug))
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I'm really sorry to hear this, unfortunately IL is an aggressive cancer. We never want to say goodbye, but at least we can choose to end their suffering and take their pain away.
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

Undoubtedly the hardest part of having furries in our lives. Someone once said on here better a day too early than a day too late, I was always thought those were wise words and when the time comes I'll be trying to follow that advice.

Thinking of you and your girl x
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

So sorry to hear about your baby girl. This will be the kindest thing you can do for her. You will keep your promise to her to not let her suffer and if she could she would thank you. We are all here for you. Many of us have been through this so please keep posting and let us help you. Thinking of you very much and sending you the biggest hug xx
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Just to echo what everyone else has said. Cuddle your girl close. She'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. Hugs to you. Xxx
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by hgale »

I'm so sorry to hear about your poor cat, my Kitten had stomach cancer and it was so hard to say good bye to her. You are both in my thoughts. {hugs}.