Clumsy cat

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Thunderkit
Frequent Cat Chatter

Clumsy cat

Post by Thunderkit »

Hello - looking for a little bit of advice. My rescue cat Thunder is 2 now, I’ve had him since he was a kitten. A bit of background on him - he’s never miaowed, purrs loudly though! And for some reason is usually quite sensitive on his head. I have his brother too who is completely different.
Today Thunder ate as normal, went on the windowsill which he does every morning, and fell off with a loud thud. He then went and curled up with my daughter and put his head on her knee. This is unusual for him - he’s an affectionate cat but usually likes his own space and doesn’t tend to sit near us unless we’re very privileged. I went to stroke him and his head seems to be tender - he sometimes doesn’t like it being stroked And today he really didn’t. Then he sat still on the sofa and has now dropped off in that position. He’s letting me touch his head now.
Does it sound like some sort of neurological problem? I don’t know if I’m overreacting but he just doesn’t seem right. Any advice appreciated!
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Clumsy cat

Post by Janey »

Hi and welcome. Sometimes my cats have fallen off the back of the sofa if they’ve been dropping to sleep, or accidentally done things like that if they haven’t been looking what they’ve been doing. However if you think his head was tender - do you mean he flinches when you touch it? I would just check it out with your vet if unsure. Do let us know how you get on.
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Clumsy cat

Post by nanny pamy »

This reminds me of my cat Theo. He never meowed when we got him. Our vet said once be got more confident he would and he said not meowing is usually because he's had trauma in the past and not meowing is their way of keeping quiet and hiding away from whatever scared them. Also he flinches if we go to touch his head but I was told one of his past owners used to roll a newspaper up and wack his head if he had an "accident,Which happened a lot because he was very scared of his owner. After near two yrs with us he suddenly found his voice and now meows happily. He's also got more and more affectionate. I call him my little stalker because he follows me around so much.