Help needed

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Suzyb
New Cat Chatter

Help needed

Post by Suzyb »

Thank you for letting me join this group I need some help or advice I have two cats which are both five years old I’ve had them both from kittens although they are not from the same litter they are male and female both have been done, the first year was great they got on well, in the past four years my male Cat will pick or try to fight with my female she could be fast asleep or just coming in or sitting in the garden he will attack her she doesn’t fight back she is scared of him and if she can will get away from him, I’m at my wits end as to what to do.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Help needed

Post by meriad »

Welcome

Are you usually around when this happens? A few things you can do is try distraction; so whenever you see the situation build up you either get a toy; make a noise or do something to draw his attention away from her. Or as you see it happening say his name and the word No! very firmly. How do you feed them - try get into the habit of putting her food down first and then his so he learns he's not the alpha of the pack

But I wonder if it's a case of him wanting to fight with her vs play with her because he's got a lot of pent up energy that he's not using whereas she's happy to be a lazy cat? How much do you play with them - maybe try playing with him (https://www.amazon.co.uk/PurrSuit-Feath ... our+hearts is fantastic) and see if you can tire him out a bit?
Suzyb
New Cat Chatter

Re: Help needed

Post by Suzyb »

Yes I’m around when it happens soon as I know he’s going to attack her I do distract him they are both outside cats so food is always down for them both, the only one that will play is the girl he’s not interested in toys he would rather be outside most of the time.