Opinions on Purina Pro Plan?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Opinions on Purina Pro Plan?

Post by KittyWitty »

We were given a free bag of Pro Plan Junior at the vets today and I was just wanting to know peoples opinions on it? Both Whisky and comet seem to like it after I gave them a wee bit but I am worried about the grain in it.

What can grain actually do to a cat?
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Opinions on Purina Pro Plan?

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Hi, generally cereal is a filler and bulked and as obligate carnivores has no nutritional value for cats. It is linked with some allergies. I have tried Edgar on cereal free James Wellbeloved as better for his gum problems but it doesn't go down too well typically and only eaten if I don't top up the dry with something more tasty. The JW cereal free wet good was totally rejected.
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by KittyWitty »

Hmm the allergies thing is pretty worrying with how young they are :/
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

My cats eat the kibbles and don't feel they are fed without it.
Someone on another site seem to think that is REAL bad. Maybe. BUT it is better than nothing. Besides I tested my cats. What is in grain free. Rice, oatmeal, potatoes. They don't eat any of those. But they do eat popcorn. So I think for them, the corn isn't so bad.
Raw is best so the theory, but there are the bacteria problem. here in the US the food supply is just too danferous to go that route.
I feed wet the most i can get them to eat. They don't like Pro Plan, which why we are on the thread.
Mine arent a good referance. eating dry is like eating cheetos. junky food
jill
misspaws
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by misspaws »

Hi

I used Purina Pro Plan sensitive dry for a few months after my cat had really watery bloody stools. It cured her virtually overnight and she was happy on that plus JWB wet. Unfortunately she had a bout of stress related cystitis so now only eats wet JWB.