Gandhi's grub

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
issiandarchie+68
VIP Cat Chatter!

Gandhi's grub

Post by issiandarchie+68 »

My beloved big cat Gandhi, has not been well. Some months back, we were told he had early onset kidney disease, along with his thyroid problems, causing him to vomit stuff from both ends in a most unnatural manner. He rapidly lost weight and, despite having loved Felix all of his 14yrs, he would only nibble at his food. Last Friday he was so ill, we thought, this is it. Took him to the Vet, looking for help to relieve his discomfort, the wee so and so rallied. His bloods/thyroid/kidney/ liver function, sugar levels all normal, but his downward spiral continued. Yesterday, while doing a shift in Cancer Research, a customer donated a multipack of Whiskas 1+. We can't sell foodstuff but cat loving volunteers donated cash, took home pouches. In desperation, me too even though it has never been any of my cat's chosen food. Well, dear Gandhi gobbled down 3 pouches in quick succession, followed by 3 more today! My question is this: has Felix changed it's 'recipe' and what is it in Whiskas that makes it so delectable? The wee honey has taken his Whiskas filled tummy off for a nap at the bottom of the fitted wardrobe,very relaxed on top of my gym bag...which means I can't disturb him and go to the gym. Oh dear,how sad,never mind.

Issi
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Gandhi's grub

Post by Lilith »

LOl - typical! :D

My Emily, 17 and a fellow ckd sufferer, is being pretty good about eating Felix agail senior (NO WAY will she eat the ghastly diet foods recommended.) Along with tuna, salmon and sardines in spring water - only I can't find sardines in water any longer, anywhere, grrr! And the girl loves them!

And 'the lunch'. Wet breakfast and tea - but now, the Lunch. Thrive, Encore, Gourmet pate, and now Sainsbury's Delicious recipe. Loud rusty screeches and squeaks until it appears. With Mouse and Molly breathing down her neck - lemme at it!

Just keep them eating, I reckon ...

BIG fusses to Gandhi ... and who needs the gym anyway? :lol:
Last edited by Lilith on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

:D Aww I’m so glad you’ve found something he really likes, that’s great news! I bet he’s one happy lad now, and as Lilith says, just keep ‘em eating, I’m a firm believer in that. I look after ferals and one of mine is at least 18, I know he can’t be 100% healthy now, but he eats whatever he wants, he had a bit of tuna left over last night, he’s having left over prawns tonight and some beef for tomorrow - wrapped up in foil in the fridge (which is left from our sarnies for tomorrow) that is as well as his pouches and biscuits through the day. He’s not fat either, but he is very happy :lol:
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

Glad his bloods are normal. Sadly common with health issues, I had 12 brands of cat food when Lucy wouldn't eat after her op last year, in desperation I bought a food she didnt like before her op, devoured it! :roll:
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

Felix put fish into all their foods, Whiskas don't - it's possible Ghandi has become sensitive to fish, which is the case with my Tiffany - Felix goes straight through her
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Issie hope Ghandi’s still gobbling Felix pouches. Lots of fusses to him from me & the Famous Five from Oz. Vivian