Dandruff

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Dandruff

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Folks Snow Girl, Mr TC & Harper had their annual check & vacs yesterday. All have dandruff :o Dr Nia said a few cats have come in with it maybe due to the dry weather we’ve had. She suggested fish oil.. any ideas? I’m going to buy Cod Liver Oil to add to their wet food. And there will be daily brushing. I know there’s oil products you can buy to rub through their coats. As well as dandruff they have a bit of gingivitis with Harper the youngest having the most. Nia said this may be because when she was a stray & handed into the clinic, she was quite a sick kitty. All in all nothing to worry about but we’ll keep an eye on them with Snow having a dental in the next 12 months. Vivian
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Dandruff

Post by fjm »

I would try salmon oil rather than cod liver - the latter tend to be very high in vitamins A and D, which may not be advisable in large doses. Or there is always a tin of sardines, if the cat likes them!
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Dandruff

Post by Mayday21 »

Thanks fjm friend suggested sardines yesterday. She thinks maybe it’s the grain free dry food they get for breakfast & to reduce a tad. Bought coconut oil to rub into coats ... but oil on the furniture isn’t something I’m too keen about.