Urinary tract health cat food advice

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Constance88
New Cat Chatter

Urinary tract health cat food advice

Post by Constance88 »

My 1 year old black cat has had struvite crystals as we treated her with specific urinary cat food, medication and feliway. She's fine now but the royal canin urinary care food wet and dry is very expensive and the only other brand I can find that supports urinary care is whiskas fish and meaty selection wet food and Purina tuna dry food. Is this going to be ok swap for my cat ? I've checked the ingredients and they are similar with not many differences. Or any advice on a more affordable swap that is better for urinary care in cats ?
Alice
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Urinary tract health cat food advice

Post by Alice »

I've no experience of urinary problems/diet, but I wonder where you're buying the Royal Canin? Looking on the Zooplus website, which many of use, to feed a mix of wet and dry RC urinary food would cost about £1 a day for a medium size cat, only about 33p if you keep to dry only (£5.55 per kilo buying a 9kg bag). Perhaps a mix of RC dry and a less expensive wet food may be suitable. Bitiba, which belongs to zooplus, is slightly cheaper at £5.33/kilo.